The ooVoo app is a video chat and messaging tool for iOS, Android, macOS, and Windows platforms. If you are an ooVoo user but are no longer using the app, this article will provide helpful insight for removing it. While it’s common to download apps and at any point decide that you don’t actually need them, what’s important is fully removing the app from your device.
If you find that you no longer need this app, you’ll want to be sure to fully remove not only the app, but also the messages and other related files. In this post, we will share two ways to uninstall ooVoo on a Mac.
Uninstall ooVoo manually
It is a great habit to regularly clean up your Mac by removing unneeded files. However, deleting apps is much different than deleting documents or photos, where you can simply move them to the Trash. Generally, applications contain an executable file and various service files. So, if you want to completely remove the ooVoo Mac version from your computer, you need to delete all of its components. To manually uninstall ooVoo on your Mac, take the following steps:
- Quit ooVoo.
- Open the folder → select the file → drag and drop it to the bin.
- Now you have to delete the ooVoo app’s service files, which are mainly stored in the user’s Library folder. For this, open → click in the menu bar → select in the drop-down menu → type ~/Library → click .
- Then, empty the bin.
Within the Library folder, find all files and folders that contain ooVoo in their names and delete them. You can locate the useless service files in the following subfolders:
~/Library/Saved Application State/com.oovoo.mac.savedState
Delete ooVoo automatically
The deletion of programs from your Mac can be simpler than the manual, multi-step process. There are third-party uninstallers, like App Cleaner & Uninstaller, which can automatically remove apps from a Mac. Using App Cleaner & Uninstaller, you can completely and correctly delete programs from your Mac in less than a minute. Complete the following steps to delete ooVoo from your computer using App Cleaner & Uninstaller:
- Launch App Cleaner & Uninstaller.
- Choose in the list of the tab. All service files of the ooVoo app will be selected automatically. Click on the button.
- Review the files and folders you are going to delete and click on the button.
- Complete the entire deletion of ooVoo from your Mac by emptying the bin.
We advise cleaning up your Mac regularly, as it increases the performance of your computer. In addition, we recommend using the automatic uninstallation method to get rid of useless programs on your Mac. App Cleaner & Uninstaller is one of the trusted third-party uninstallers, which offers a free trial that you can use for three days or purchase for $9.99.