The terms and conditions also apply to any updates, supplements, Internet-based services, and support services for the Nektony applications, unless other terms accompany those items.
The Products and Services are not intended to be used by children under the age of 16. Nektony Limited does not knowingly collect information from minors under the age of 16. If Nektony learns that it has collected the personal information of a child under 16, it will delete the information as soon as possible.
Personal Data We Collect
Nektony Limited collects some personal information from the users subscribed to Nektony newsletters:
- The provided email address during subscription.
- The email address used to contact to Technical support.
- The name of the user, mentioned in the email address.
- The application used by the user subscribed to Nektony’s newsletter.
This information will be used strictly for marketing purposes, such as sending you news about products updates or special deals. By subscribing to Nektony newsletter, you automatically accept receiving email messages from Nektony Limited. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include an unsubscribing link at the bottom of each email.
We also collect non-personal information − a certain data transmitted by your device: the periods of time in which you use the App, as well as events within the application recorded with analytics in order to give us the possibility to continuously improve the Apps.
If you subscribe to Nektony newsletter, the submitted email address will be forwarded to email marketing service provider MailChimp and SendPulse. We consider MailChimp and SendPulse to be a third party data processors (see the GDPR section below). The submitted email address will not be stored within this website’s own database or in any of our internal computer systems.
Your email address will remain within MailChimp’s and SendPulse’s database for as long as we continue to use these services for email marketing or until you specifically request removal from the list. You can do this by unsubscribing using the unsubscribe links contained in any email newsletters that we send you or by requesting removal via email. When requesting removal via email, please send your email to us using the email account that is subscribed to the mailing list.
While your email address remains within the MailChimp or SendPulse database, you will receive periodic (approximately one per week) newsletter-style emails from us.
Your Data Protection Rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update, or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by emailing [email protected].
- In addition, you can object to the processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by emailing [email protected].
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing emails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing, please contact us by emailing [email protected].
- Similarly, if we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
Our Third Party Data Processors
We use a number of third parties to process personal data on our behalf. These third parties have been carefully chosen and all of them comply with the legislation set out in section 2.0. All of the third parties are based in the USA and are EU-U.S. Privacy Shield compliant.
Third Party Links
We will report any unlawful data breach of the database(s) of any of our third party data processors to any and all relevant persons and authorities within 72 hours of the breach if it is apparent that personal data stored in an identifiable manner has been stolen.
The data controller is Nektony Limited.
The registered office is: Hong Kong, room 1005, 10/F, Tai Yau Building, 181 Johnston Road, Wan Chai.