interPhotos is a small iOS / Mac utility that helps you to get rid of photo and video duplicates that take space on both devices. It’s a useful tool for those who is actively involved with image creation or processing: photographers, designers or just selfie takers.
Yes, interPhotos is free both on iOS and Mac. You can download it from official Apple app stores. It works on iOS 8.0 and Mac OS X 10.10 or higher.
To perform photo look up turn on app on Mac and iPad / iPhone you have to follow these 5 steps:
- Download app versions for Mac and iOS
- Connect devices to the same Wi-Fi network
- Select Mac / iOS pair on any platform
- Click Find Duplicates button
- Select photos from the appeared list and remove
Probably, you should grant access to your photo library. Go to Settings -> interPhotos and enable this option.
There are 2 point that should be accomplished on your iPhone:
1. Make sure the app has a granted access to photos. You can check it in Settings -> interPhotos.
2. Enable connection by clicking “Accept connection request.” Connection request appears automatically.
iOS 8 and Mac OS X 10.8 respectively. Nothing else is required.
1. Have a good Wi-Fi connection.
2. Move your devices close to each other and Wi-Fi source.
3. It’s better not to switch on iOS to other application, no such problems on Mac.
4. It’s easier to delete photos using Mac interface.
5. Specify folders to search for photos on Mac. See next question to know more.
Go to app Preferences. By default you are allowed to search only in user Pictures folder and its contents. If you save photos in other locations you can “plus” them or by drag and drop from Finder. Changes will be applied during the next scan.
The app does not deletes photos completely, it puts them into Trash in Mac versions and in Recently Deleted section on iOS if it is enabled in Preferences.
In-app is required to search for videos as well it disables ads. Whereas in a free version you can search for duplicate photos.
Mac: Go to “Select Duplicates” section and click on the part of app’s window (not photo). Now drag mouse and you will select all duplicates in an appeared rectangular. Press Enter or ⌘+⇧+A shortcut to select and delete them.
iPhone: Similar to Photos app. Select one photo and swipe to other photos.