- What’s the value of the app?
- Do I need a Mac to clean up my storage?
- Is it FREE to use on iOS and Mac?
- How to clean up the largest media files in my storage?
- How to clean up mutual files on iOS and Mac?
- What if I removed the file by mistake?
- The app on iPhone / iPad cannot start photo search.
- While a Deep Cleanup the app on Mac started to search, but nothing happened.
- What are system requirements?
- A few tips how to use the app for Fast Cleanup with maximum efficiency?
- A few tips how to use the app for Deep Cleanup with maximum efficiency?
- How to change folders on Mac?
- I have found and deleted duplicates, but nothing changed.
- Is it required to purchase in-app to use the app?
- Can I find other duplicates on Mac?
- How to Select and Delete Multiple Photos?
- My Mac and iOS can not connect each with other. Why?
What’s the value of the app?
Phone Cleaner is a small iOS / Mac utility that helps you to clean up storage on your iPhone or iPad in 2 ways:
– Find and remove the largest photos and videos
– Find and remove the photos and videos that already have been transferred to Mac.
It’s a useful tool for those who are actively involved with image creation or processing: photographers, designers or just selfie-takers.
Do I need a Mac to clean up my storage?
Phone Cleaner provides 2 ways to clean up your storage. One of them is to find duplicates on Mac and iOS. If you don’t have a Mac, Phone Cleaner still be useful for you as it provides a second feature – find and get rid of the largest media on your iPhone or iPad.
Is it FREE to use on iOS and Mac?
Yes, Phone CLeaner is free on both platforms. You can download it from official Apple app stores. It works on iOS 8.0 and Mac OS X 10.10 or higher.
How to clean up the largest media files in my storage?
To find and delete the largest files on iPad/iPhone follow these steps:
- Launch the application
- Select “Fast cleanup”
- See in the gallery the list of the largest videos and photos shown descending
- Tick the files you want to remove and click Remove selected
You can also preview the files before deleting in a Cover Flow tab. Swipe left or right to show next or previous file. Swipe down to move the file to a Trash.
How to clean up mutual files on iOS and Mac?
To find and remove mutual files on Mac and iPad / iPhone you have to follow these 5 steps:
- Download app versions for Mac and iOS
- Connect devices to the same Wi-Fi network
- Select Mac / iOS pair on any platform
- Click Find Duplicates button
- Select photos from the appeared list and remove
What if I removed the file by mistake?
All trashed files from Phone Cleaner go to the Recently Deleted folder by default on your Device. You can recover the file from there or click Delete All to get rid of the largest files decisively.
The app on iPhone / iPad cannot start photo search.
Probably, you should grant access to your photo library. Go to Settings -> Phone Cleaner and enable this option.
While a Deep Cleanup the app on Mac started to search, but nothing happened.
There are 2 points that should be accomplished on your iPhone:
- Make sure the app has a granted access to photos. You can check it in Settings -> Phone Cleaner.
- Enable connection by clicking “Accept connection request.” Connection request appears automatically.
What are system requirements?
iOS 8 and Mac OS X 10.8 respectively. Nothing else is required. Note, that both devices need to be connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
A few tips how to use the app for Fast Cleanup with maximum efficiency?
- Use Gallery tab to select the files quickly.
- Use Cover Flow if you have similar files and need to preview them.
- Before clicking on Remove Selected button, it’s better to go to Trash to check the selected files.
- After removing the files with Phone Cleaner go to Recently Deleted folder on your iPhone/iPad and delete them decisively.
A few tips how to use the app for Deep Cleanup with maximum efficiency?
- Have a good Wi-Fi connection.
- Move your devices close to each other and Wi-Fi source.
- It’s better not to switch on iOS to other application, no such problems on Mac.
- It’s easier to delete photos using Mac interface.
- Specify folders to search for photos on Mac. See next question to know more.
How to change folders on Mac?
Go to app Preferences. By default, you are allowed to search only in user Pictures folder and its contents. If you save photos in other locations you can “plus” them or by drag and drop from Finder. Changes will be applied during the next scan.
I have found and deleted duplicates, but nothing changed.
The app does not delete photos completely, it puts them into Trash in Mac versions and in Recently Deleted section on iOS if it is enabled in Preferences.
Is it required to purchase in-app to use the app?
In-app is required to search for videos as well it disables ads. Whereas in a free version you can search for duplicate photos.
Can I find other duplicates on Mac?
Yes, we have an app for that as well – Duplicate File Finder. And guess what? It’s free and is available on Mac App Store.
How to Select and Delete Multiple Photos?
Mac: Go to “Select Duplicates” section and click on the part of app’s window (not photo). Now drag the mouse and you will select all duplicates in an appeared rectangular. Press Enter or ⌘+⇧+A shortcut to select and delete them.
iPhone: Similar to Photos app. Select one photo and swipe to other photos.