Confirm Removal of Duplicates on Mac
Using Duplicate File Finder v 5.0
Duplicate File Finder is a duplicate remover utility, which allows you to find and remove duplicates on your Mac in 3 easy steps:
Scan your folders
Select unneeded duplicates
and click to Remove
Review selected duplicates
and confirm Removal
It may happen when, after removal confirmation, Duplicate File Finder shows you the notification that some files were not removed due to lack of permission and that removal of these files requires your confirmation in the Finder.
Such a message appears when the application does not have right to remove duplicate files, especially when Mac operating system does not allow you to remove them.
That might happen due to several reasons:
- You try to remove duplicates from an External Drive which doesn’t have the Trash folder.
- You try to remove duplicate files located in a folder with Read-Only permission.
- You try to remove duplicate folders located on a disk with Read-Only permission.
Click the Confirm button to allow the application permission to remove the selected duplicates.
Sometimes, when you are trying to remove duplicates with Duplicate File Finder, you get the message that the files were not removed due to being locked. The removal of these files requires unlocking them and confirmation in Finder.
Such a message appears when the files and folders you want to remove are locked or located in locked folders. For example:
- The file you want to delete is locked.
- The folder you want to delete is locked
- The unlocked file you want to delete is located in the locked folder.
- The unlocked folder you want to delete is located in another locked folder.
Duplicate File Finder does not have the right to remove locked items without your permission. So click the Confirm button to allow the app to unlock these duplicates and remove them.
In this way, Duplicate File Finder doesn’t remove duplicates without your confirmation, so you’ll never have to worry about selecting and removing files by mistake. Moreover, if your files were moved to Trash, you can restore removed duplicates. For this, the option “Remove duplicates permanently” should be disabled in the Preferences.