Show hidden files
Find hidden files
All you need to search for hidden files on your Mac is just to type the name of the file in the search fieldand press Enter.
Funter allows you to choose a folder to search, shows all hidden files, regular files and files in package content. You can preview the files from Funter or forward them to the file location in Finder.
Hide your files
Funter integrates with Finder and adds its own command to the context menu. Select a file and click on “Hide with Funter” from the shortcut menu or from the context menu to hide a file.
Unhide hidden files
If you need to unhide hidden files on your Mac, use the context menu, but firstly, make hidden files visible. Enable “Show hidden files” in a Funter menu. Select any file or folder you want to unhide and click on “Unhide with Funter.”
In Funter’s window, you can switch a needed files’ visibility with the appropriate items in the right top corner. By default, the visibility of files in package content is switched off so as not to remove important items by mistake.
Select a file and click the Emerged preview button to see the file’s content. You can open the file in a Finder window as well.
Operate hidden files and folders
Copy, move, or remove files with the buttons in the right bottom corner. You can select specific files or use Command+A to select all the files and folders.
Search for files
- Download Funter and launch the application from the Launchpad.
- The Funter’ icon will appear in the Menu Bar. Click it to open a searching window
- Type any file’s name in the search field.
- See in the Funter’ window that appears a list of all the files with the requested name.
Funter is localized to the following languages:
Funter uses the preferred language you set up for your macOS. To change the language follow these steps:
- Go to System Preferences → select the Language & Region section.
- Switch to the Apps tab. If you don’t see Funter in the list of applications, click the Plus “+” button at the bottom of the window and add Funter.
- Then change the language for Funter. The application will restart and the language will be changed to the one, you set up.
To uninstall Funter, follow these steps:
- Quit the app from the toolbar menu.
- Go to the Applications folder and remove Funter to Trash.
- Then go to the ~/Library folder → find and remove the associated with Funter files in the Application Support and Caches folders.
Another option to completely uninstall Funter is to use App Cleaner & Uninstaller.