Blizzard Battle.net is a popular platform for game lovers. The Blizzard desktop app is loved by many users due to its simplicity and being free of charge. But, for whatever reason, you might need to uninstall the Battle.net desktop app, for example, to reinstall it and solve some issues, or you just don’t play games anymore and want to free up space on your Mac from unneeded applications. If you are one of such users, here is a detailed guide on how to uninstall the Battle.net desktop app from your Mac.
- How to delete a Battle.net account.
- How to uninstall Battle.net games manually.
- How to uninstall the Batlle.net application using App Cleaner & Uninstaller.
Important notes and methodology used to uninstall Battle.net games on Mac
- To uninstall any application on a Mac correctly, you should remove its executable files and its service files created while you were using the app. The same is true for the Blizzard Battle.net desktop app.
- Before writing this article, we uninstalled the Blizzard Battle.net desktop app using its official removal guide and then checked the Mac for the application’s leftovers. In fact, the official removal guide didn’t uninstall the application completely. We found many leftover files on Mac.
- We used App Cleaner & Uninstaller from Nektony to find Blizzard’s remaining files.
- This article will provide two ways on how to completely uninstall Battle.net. You can use any of them. If you have questions regarding applications’ uninstallation on Mac, feel free to contact Nektony’s support team. We are experts in all questions connected to cleaning up a Mac and we will be happy to help you.
How to delete a Battle.net account
By default, there is no option to delete a Blizzard Battle.net account. The only way to close your account is to submit a request through Blizzard’s website. Please note, it could take up to 30 days to process these requests to close the Battle.net account. To submit deletion of Battlle.net account, the support team might request your photo ID. When your account is closed, all your personal information and all games in your account will also be removed.
How to uninstall Battle.net games manually
As mentioned above, to completely uninstall Battle.net you need to find and remove its service files as well. We will explain how to do this manually.
Note that searching for application’s service files manually is time-consuming. Moreover, some applications might spread their files all over the disk and it’s not so easy to find them. If you prefer the easiest and quickest way to remove Battle.net from your Mac with all of its service files, use App Cleaner & Uninstaller. It will uninstall the app entirely. Even if you have already removed the app, you can find its remaining files. Use this link for Free Download.
Steps on how to manually uninstall Battle.net from Mac:
- Quit Battle.net.
- Make sure that there are no running processes in the background associated with Battle.net. For this, open Activity Monitor, search for Battle.net and close it by clicking the appropriate button in the top-left corner.
- Go to the Application folder and remove Battle.net into the Trash.
- Now you should find and remove the leftovers of the Blizzard application. By default, applications store their service files in the system Library folder. This folder is hidden by Apple in order to avoid users from deleting important files necessary for the proper system working. To open the Library folder go to Finder → in the menu bar click Go → select Go to Folder… → in the search field type ~/Library and click on Go.
In the Library folder find and remove all files associated with Blizzard (Battle.net). You should check the following subfolders:
- ~/Library/Application Support/…
- ~/Library/Saved Application State/…
- After you removed all of Battle.net support files, go to Trash and empty it.
- The final step is not mandatory but recommended is to reboot your Mac. Now Battle.net is completely removed from your Mac.
As we mentioned above, there are some applications that scatter their service files over the Mac hard drive and it can be difficult to find all the leftovers of deleted apps – at any rate it may take too much time. That’s why, in order to save your time and to avoid deleting necessary files accidentally, we recommend that you use a special utility called App Cleaner & Uninstaller. Keep on reading to learn more about this uninstalling tool.
How to uninstall Blizzard Battle.net using App Cleaner & Uninstaller
App Cleaner & Uninstaller is a program to uninstall applications on a Mac completely without leaving any remains. App Cleaner finds all the service files of the apps efficiently and it even displays the support files of previously removed apps. You can download App Cleaner & Uninstaller and try it right now.
Watch the video to see how easy it is to remove unneeded applications from Mac using App Cleaner & Uninstaller.
Steps on how to uninstall Battle.net using App Cleaner & Uninstaller:
- Launch App Cleaner & Uninstaller and wait until it finishes scanning your apps.
- Find and select Battle in the list of applications.
- In the Expert mode, you can see all the files associated with Battle.net, such as caches, preferences, application support, executables, and so on.
- Click the Remove button.
- Confirm the uninstallation.
- Empty the Trash to entirely get rid of Battle.net.
If you have removed Battle.net without the uninstaller, you can check your Mac for its leftovers. For this, go to the Remaining Files section. Here you will find all remaining files of previously removed apps. Select unneeded files and remove them.
That’s all! As you can see, uninstalling apps on a Mac is extremely easy with App Cleaner & Uninstaller.