DivX is a video codec application designed by DivX Inc. If for some reason you need to uninstall DivX from your Mac, read this article. We will share the proper way of DivX removal on a Mac computer.
How to Uninstall DivX Manually
- First of all, make sure that you’ve closed all DivX applications. Then find the app named Uninstall DivX for Mac. Look for it in the Applications folder.
- Launch it and click the Uninstall button.
- After that, you need to find and remove the DivX service files and the Uninstall DivX file. Use a shortcut ⌘+⇧+G to open the search field and navigate to ~/Library , where all their service files of apps are located:
Here is a list of files you have to find and delete to Trash:
- ~Library > Saved Application State > com.divx.DivX_Player.savedState
- ~Library > Caches > com.Divx.Installer
- ~Library > Caches > com.divx.DivXUpdate
- ~Library > Preferences > com.divx.DivXComponentManager.plist
- ~Library > Preferences > com.divx.WebPlayer.plist
- ~Library > Preferences > com.divx.DPC.plist
Now the DivX apps are completely removed from your Mac.
How to Uninstall DivX using App Cleaner & Uninstaller
You can remove DivX Mac Player and Converter through a special tool App Cleaner & Uninstaller, which is designed to remove software from a Mac with all its supporting files.
Just run the uninstaller → select the apps you want to uninstall → click to remove them.