If you are one of those users who can’t uninstall Epic Games Launcher, this article is for you. We will explain how to uninstall the Epic Games Launcher from Mac entirely with no leftovers leaving on your disk. We will share two methods of uninstalling the app. It’s up to you which way to use to delete Epic Games Launcher.
Important notes about uninstalling Epic Games Launcher from Mac
- Since you are reading this article, you likely understand that dragging and dropping an app to the Trash is not enough for complete removal. As every application creates service files and stores them in hidden folders on your Mac, you need to find and remove them. In this article, we will explain how to remove the remaining service files.
- You can find and remove application service files manually. However, it’s much safer to uninstall applications with all of their support files with App Cleaner & Uninstaller. Please, use the manual method only if you understand the file system on macOS.
Before we start, watch a quick video how to uninstall Epic Games Launcher on Mac.
What is Epic Games Launcher, and why uninstall it?
Epic Games Launcher is a universal client that allows you to create a convenient platform to control all applications developed by Epic Games. In short, it is a distribution platform for games developed by Fortnite. With the help of Epic Games Launcher, you can download games from the store, automatically install updates, chat with other gamers, receive donations, and participate in testing of the new products. In its structure, Epic Games Launcher is a bit like the Blizzard Battle.net app.
For some reason you might need to uninstall Epic Games Launcher from your computer, for example, you no longer play games and need to free up space on your disk. Also, you might need to reinstall Epic Games Launcher to solve some issues. Below, we will explain how to uninstall the software.
Does uninstalling Epic Games launcher uninstall games?
With deleting Epic Games Launcher from your Mac all downloaded games are also removed from your system. However, your purchases and your Epic Games account will not be removed. You can reinstall the software and your games later without a need to buy them again.
How to stop Epic Games Launcher from running automatically at Mac startup?
On Mac, you can change startup items in System Preferences. Here is how to stop Epic Games Launcher from running automatically at Mac startup:
- Open System Preferences.
- Click on Users & Groups.
- Switch to the Login Items tab.
- Remove Epic Games Launcher from the list of items that open automatically at Mac login.
If the steps above didn’t help you or you don’t see the Epic Games login items in this list, follow these steps to stop it from auto running:
- Find Epic Games Launcher and open it.
- Go to settings. For this, click on the Settings icon in the sidebar.
- Uncheck the option “Run When My Computer Starts.”
- Launch App Cleaner & Uninstaller.
- Go to the Startup Programs section.
- Disable or enable the switch button next to the Epic Games launch agent or remove it.
Uninstall Epic Games Launcher using the uninstaller
You can use a third-party uninstaller, like App Cleaner & Uninstaller, to delete any application from Mac easily and entirely. App Cleaner & Uninstaller automatically finds all the service files and extensions of applications, even the remains of previously-deleted apps.
How to uninstall Epic Games Launcher with App Cleaner & Uninstaller:
- Launch App Cleaner & Uninstaller.
- From the list of scanned apps, select Epic Games Launcher.
- Click Uninstall.
- Confirm the removal.
- Empty your Trash.
If you have already removed Epic Games Launcher into the Trash, you can easily find its leftovers. Switch to the Remaining Files section. Here you will find all of remaining files of already removed applications from your Mac.
How to uninstall Epic Games Launcher manually
Here is step-by-step instructions for the manual removal of Epic Games Launcher. Please, carefully follow each of the steps to uninstall Epic Games entirely.
- Quit Epic Games Launcher.
- Close processes associated with the app working in the background.
For this, open a default Apple application called Activity Monitor. If you find any Epic Games working processes, select them and click the “X” button to close them.
- Remove Epic Games Launcher from the Applications folder.
- Find and remove all the leftovers of Epic Games.
By default, they should be stored in the Library folder. To find them, open Finder and press Command+Shift+G.
- In the appeared search filed, type ~/Library and press Enter.
- You will get to the Library folder.
Here check the folders below for all files associated with Epic games. Select and remove them. Usually, applications store their service files in the Library folder.
- ~/Library/Application Support
- As soon as you clean up all of the app’s associated program files, don’t forget to empty your Trash.
- Also, we recommend that you reboot your Mac to avoid any alias files creating additional items on your Mac.
The manual method might be hard and unsafe for some users. That’s why we recommend deleting Epic Games Launcher with App Cleaner & Uninstaller. This tool does this work completely, safely, and more importantly in just a few clicks.
That’s all! Now you know how to uninstall Epic Games Launcher from your Mac computer. Note, that with App Cleaner & Uninstaller, you can completely get rid of applications and avoid cluttering your disk space with their service files. The uninstaller has some more great features, which you can learn about from its product page. Moreover, the last great thing about this tool is that it provides a free trial with unlimited features, so you can use it to uninstall the Epic Games launcher right now.