In our previous article, we provided a full removal guide on how to completely uninstall Office 365 on a Mac. But if you want to remove only one item of Microsoft Office, for example, PowerPoint, then read this article. We will explain how to correctly uninstall Microsoft Office PowerPoint viewer from Mac.
How to Uninstall PowerPoint Manually
The manual way of app removal requires some of your time and attentiveness, as you will need to remove not only its executable file but its service files as well. Service files are the files that each application creates during its performance. Over time, the number of service files may increase significantly and take up a huge space on your disk. That’s why it’s important to remove applications completely. Follow the steps below to do that.
- Quit Microsoft PowerPoint.
- We also recommend that you check and close all the processes in the background which may relate to the app. You can do it using a default Apple application Activity Monitor.
- Then remove PowerPoint from the Applications folder.
- Now it’s time to find the support files of the app. They are stored in the hidden system folder ~/Library and in the user’s /Library folder. In our case they were located in the following directories:
- ~/Library/Application Scripts/com.microsoft.Powerpoint
- ~/Library/Saved Application State/com.microsoft.Powerpoint.savedState
Please note, that some service files may be located in deep directories and be hard to find. So we recommend that you check for other files using a free application Funter. Funter finds and displays any type of file by name, including hidden files and files in packages. On the screenshot below, you can see some files related to PowerPoint which are located in different subfolders.
Here are these files in the Library folder.
5. Once you find and remove all the files of PowerPoint, do the last step – empty Trash.
You will agree that the manual process of uninstalling of PowerPoint or of any other app is generally tedious, long and not safe. That’s why we recommend using the automatic method of apps removal and trust the job done by App Cleaner & Uninstaller.
How to Uninstall PowerPoint on Mac using
App Cleaner & Uninstaller
Would you like to uninstall any app on Mac in less than in minute? Then use App Cleaner & Uninstaller – a professional utility, which automatically finds all the service files of apps and allows you to remove them in several clicks. See how easy it is:
- Download the uninstaller and launch it.
- Find PowerPoint in the left section of scanned apps. In the right section, you will see the support files of PowerPoint divided by categories: executables, cache, preferences, containers and so on.
- Click to Uninstall the PowerPoint application.
- Confirm the removal of selected files.
That’s all. Just don’t forget to empty Trash in order to get rid of all these files permanently.
Of course, it’s your choice which method to use to uninstall apps on a Mac. Now you know both ways of a complete uninstalling process.
One last thing we would like to note is that App Cleaner & Uninstaller provides a free evaluation for three days with unlimited features to use. So you lose nothing if you try it out, especially since no registration is required. Also, follow this link to learn more about App Cleaner & Uninstaller.