Microsoft Office 365 is a subscription-based service that provides a well-known suite of programs for managing data on your devices. If for any reason you want to remove Office 365 from your Mac, read our post. Today, we will share two methods of uninstalling the Mac version of Office 365.
- How to manually remove Office 365 from a Mac
- How to automatically uninstall Microsoft Office on a Mac
Remove Microsoft Office from Mac manually
The Office 365 Mac version includes the Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook programs. Each of these programs consists of different components. Generally, any application is divided into an executable file (.app) and various service files.
You can find the executable file of a certain program in the Applications folder. However, the service files are usually stored in hidden folders on your disk. Therefore, if you want to completely uninstall Office 365 from your computer, you need to carefully remove all its components as well. For this, take the following steps:
- Quit all programs related to the Microsoft Office 365 set and make sure none of them is running in the background.
- Open the folder. Step-by-step, select the , , , and programs and drag and drop them to the bin.
- Then remove all unneeded service files, which are mainly stored in the hidden ~/Library in the window that appears → click . folder. To open the folder, click on in the Finder’s menu bar → select → type
Within the Library folder, you need to find and remove all files and folders related to Microsoft Office 365. Depending on your experience in using these apps, you may have not all of the items listed below. So, step by step select and delete useless service files in the following directories:
- Then, empty the bin to completely remove Office 365 from your Mac.
Uninstall Office 365 on Mac automatically
All programs differ from one another in the way that service files are created and stored on the computer. The differences are due to the user’s experience, the macOS version, the particular app version, and so on. Because of this, it is really hard to say exactly which files exist on a certain user’s Mac.
That is why we advise using third-party uninstallers, which automatically remove programs and their service files from your computer. One of the trusted uninstallers is App Cleaner & Uninstaller. This software tool helps to correctly, quickly, and completely remove Office from your Mac. For this, follow the next steps:
- Launch App Cleaner & Uninstaller.
- In the Applications tab, you will see a list of all your apps. All related programs and service files of the Microsoft Office 365 suite are gathered in one folder. So, you can select this folder and click on the button to uninstall Microsoft Office from your computer in one click.
- Review the items you want to delete, and make one more click on the button to confirm the deletion.
- Empty the Trash bin to completely remove Office from your Mac.
Now you know two methods of completely uninstalling Office 365 from your Mac. The manual uninstallation method requires time and careful removal of the service files.
On the other hand, the automatic uninstallation method helps to easily, quickly, and correctly remove apps from a Mac. Therefore, we recommend using App Cleaner & Uninstaller, which perfectly removes more than 1,000 apps from a Mac. You can use the trial of App Cleaner & Uninstaller free for three days, or purchase the program for only $19.90.