Since the StarCraft Mac app takes up a huge space on your disk, you may want to delete it. In this post, we’ll share three ways to uninstall StarCraft from Mac completely and safely.
Uninstall StarCraft in Battle.net
Battle.net is an application for Mac, which allows you to download and play Blizzard games in one place. You can manage settings or delete the game within this app. Here’s how:
- Open the Battle.net application.
- Select StarCraft from the list of Games.
- Click on Options and select Uninstall Game.
Uninstall StarCraft manually
This game, like many other programs on your computer, has its own executable file and lots of service files, like caches, logs, preferences files and so on. To delete absolutely all files of the game manually without any leftovers, take the following steps:
- Close StarCraft and quit the Battle.net app. To ensure that all processes of the game and app are stopped, launch the Activity Monitor application. You can find it in Finder → Applications → Utilities or use the Spotlight search. Close all running processes related to the apps on your Mac.
- Open the Applications folder. Find StarCraft folder → select and remove the executable file into the Trash.
- Every application creates additional service files for its proper work. The service files are usually stored in different locations on your Disk. In the case with our app, it has created its own subfolder in the Applications folder, but also you can find its remains in the Users folder and the user’s Library folder.
Hence, to uninstall StarCraft on your Mac completely, you need to find and delete the folders related to the app. Check the following subfolders:
The user’s Library folder is hidden by default, so to open it, in the Finder’s menu bar, click Go → Go to Folder → in the window that appears, type ~/Library and press Enter. Within the user’s Library folder, find and delete all files related to the game. Look for them in the following subfolder:
- Empty the Trash to completely get rid of the StarCraft application and its service files.
Please note that it is quite likely you may find more files of StarCraft in other folders on your Mac. Therefore, we recommend that you use Funter, a free program that automatically finds all related files, including hidden ones, on your computer. Just launch Funter, type the name of the search item and hit Enter. You will get a list of all the files associated with the mentioned search word.
Remove StarCraft automatically
Thanks to third-party uninstallation tools, you can save your time and simply delete the app in just a few clicks instead of deleting every single file manually. We recommend using App Cleaner & Uninstaller to remove applications from your Mac. It helps to delete more than 1,000 apps and their service files completely and correctly. Here’s how to use it:
- Launch App Cleaner & Uninstaller.
- Choose StarCraft from the list of Applications and all its service files will be selected automatically.
- Click on the Remove button.
- Review the files you want to get rid of and confirm the action.
- Complete the removal by emptying the Trash bin.
When you intend to delete a certain application, you should get rid of all the files it created on your disk. So, if an app has no removal option or native uninstaller, you can delete it manually. But, you should also search your disk to find out exactly where the service files of the particular app are stored and remove them.
However, you can also use App Cleaner & Uninstaller, which does this work automatically, removing applications and all their service files in less than a minute. App Cleaner & Uninstaller removes apps entirely and safely. Learn more about this helpful software too to easily delete useless applications from your Mac.