StarCraft is a well-known sci-fi strategy video game from Blizzard Entertainment, and has been popular since the ‘90s. Presently, you can play a remastered version of the game using the Battle.net application for Mac, PC or smartphone. It allows you to play Blizzard games, connect with friends, and manage your account and games settings.
However, when your Mac notifies you that your storage is almost full, you have to sacrifice some data to optimize your Mac’s performance. Since the StarCraft Mac app takes 8 GB on your Hard Drive, it may need to be deleted at some point. In this post, we will highlight three ways to uninstall StarCraft on a Mac completely and safely.
Uninstall StarCraft in Battle.net
Battle.net is an application for Mac, which allows you to download and play Blizzard games in one place. You can manage StarCraft settings or even uninstall the game within Battle.net. For this, open the Battle.net application → select StarCraft from the list of Games → click on Options → select Uninstall Game.
If for any reason you cannot use this option or you cannot launch Battle.net, try the next two methods to uninstall the game.
Uninstall StarCraft Manually
The StarCraft Mac game is an application, which, like many other programs on your computer, has its own executable file and lots of service files, like caches, logs, preferences files and so on. To delete absolutely all files of StarCraft manually without any leftovers, take the following steps:
- Escape StarCraft and quit the Battle.net app. To ensure that all processes of the game and app are stopped, launch the Activity Monitor application. You can find it in Finder → Applications → Utilities or use the Spotlight search. In the Activity Monitor’s window, check to see if StarCraft or Battle.net are in the list of launched applications. If so, select them and click on the X button in the top left corner to stop them. Confirm the action by clicking on the Quit button.
- Open the Applications folder. Find StarCraft folder → select StarCraft.app and drag it to the Trash.
- Every application creates additional service files for its proper work, and the Blizzard StarCraft app is not an exception. The service files are usually stored in different locations on your Disk. In the case with the StarCraft app, it has created its own StarCraft subfolder in the Applications folder, but also you can find its remains in the Users folder and the user’s Library folder. Hence, to uninstall StarCraft on your Mac completely, you need to find and delete the folders related to StarCraft. Check the following subfolders:
The user’s Library folder is hidden by default, so to open it, in the Finder’s menu bar, click Go → Go to Folder → in the window that appears, type ~/Library and click Go. Within the user’s Library folder, find and delete the useless StarCraft support files. Look for them in the following subfolder:
4. Empty the Trash to completely get rid of the StarCraft application and its service files.
Please note that it is quite likely you may find more files of StarCraft in other folders on your Mac. Therefore, we recommend that you use Funter, a free program that automatically finds all related files, including hidden ones, on your computer. Just launch Funter, type the name of the search item and hit Enter. You will get a list of all the files associated with the mentioned search word.
Uninstall StarCraft Automatically
Thanks to third-party uninstallation tools, you can save your time and simply uninstall the app in just a few clicks instead of deleting every single file manually. We recommend using App Cleaner & Uninstaller to remove applications from your Mac. It helps to delete more than 1,000 apps and their service files completely and correctly. To get rid of StarCraft from your Mac using App Cleaner & Uninstaller, complete the following steps:
- Launch App Cleaner & Uninstaller.
- Choose StarCraft from the list of Applications and all its service files will be selected automatically. Click on the Uninstall button next to StarCraft.
- Review the files you want to get rid of and click on the Remove button.
- Complete the uninstalling of StarCraft by emptying the Trash bin.
When you intend to uninstall a certain application, you should get rid of all the files it created on your disk. So, if an app has no uninstallation option or native uninstaller, you can delete it manually. But, you should also search your disk to find out exactly where the service files of the particular app are stored and remove them. However, you can also use App Cleaner & Uninstaller, which does this work automatically, removing applications and all their service files in less than a minute. App Cleaner & Uninstaller removes apps entirely and safely. Download a trial of App Cleaner & Uninstaller and use it for free for 7 days. Learn more about this helpful software tool and purchase it for $9.99 to easily delete useless applications from your Mac.