Way 1 – Uninstall Citrix Using App Cleaner & Uninstaller
One of the ways to remove Citrix is to use App Cleaner & Uninstaller. App Cleaner uninstalls applications completely with all their service files. Follow these steps to uninstall Citrix:
- Launch App Cleaner & Uninstaller
- Select Citrix from the list of apps
- Click the Remove button
Way 2 – Remove Citrix Receiver Manually
The manual way of complete apps removal will require much more time. Follow these steps:
- Quit Citrix Receive from the tool bar.
- Go to the Applications folder and delete Citrix Receiver from there. The system will require your Admin password.
- Then you need to find and remove the app’s service files, caches, logs and other its support items. Almost all of them are located in the hidden Library folder. Press the ⌘+⇧+G key shortcut in Finder and type the locations you need to check for service files:
- ~Library > Application Support > Citrix Receiver
- ~Library > Caches > com.citrix.receiver.momas
- ~Library > Caches > com.citrix.receiver.nomas.plist
Also, you can use a freeware app Funter to show and find hidden files on your Mac.
As soon as you remove all the leftovers of Citrix Receiver, go to Trash and empty it. Now you can be sure that Citrix has been removed from your Mac completely.