How to Uninstall uTorrent on Mac
The first issue Mac OS X users encounter when they try to delete µTorrent app is that the app cannot be deleted via Launchpad (there is no cross to remove it when you hold the button).
Usually, this problem is solved in an ordinary way. Users go to Applications folder in Finder and simply delete (trash) µTorrent app. Nice, but we have a bad news for you. You deleted only executive files, everything else like service files – remained. To wipe off the app completely from your Mac, you just need to find the following folders (* – means that file or folder is hidden):
- HD/Users/”Current username”/ Library*/Application Support/µtorrent
- HD/Users/”Current user name”/ Library*/Caches/com.bittorrent.uTorrent
- HD/Users/”Current user name”/ Library*/Preferences/com.bittorrent.uTorrent.plist
- HD/Users/”Current user name”/ Library*/Application Support/CrashReporter/uTorrent_717493EE-277A-5E54-8F02-3555ADA119B8.plist
- HD/Users/”Current user name”/ Library*/LaunchAgents/com.bittorrent.uTorrent.plist
To see hidden files and folders use Funter
Uninstall uTorrent with App Cleaner & Uninstaller
You can also purchase an uninstaller App Cleaner, which gives an ability to uninstall a program on Mac completely and safely with all highlighted above files.
Watch how to uninstall uTorrent on Mac