When you visit any website on a Mac, your browser automatically creates and stores the history of the visited web pages and search requests. Removing this information allows you to not only protect your data confidentiality, but also clears memory space. Read on to learn how to clear web history on Mac.
How to Clear History on Safari
- Open Safari browser.
- Go to Menu → Safari → Clear History.
- Select the period for which you want to clear history and click “Clear History.”
Delete Google Search History and Cache
- Open Google Chrome browser.
- Go to Menu → Chrome → Clear Browsing Data.
- Select the period and items you want to clear (history, caches, passwords, cookies and others) and click “Clear Browsing Data.”
How to clear caches of any browser or application with Clear Disk
- Download Clear Disk from the App Store.
- Launch the application and scan caches.
- Select caches of the browsers or individual apps or click “Select All”.
- Click “Clean” button.