How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Mac
How to import photos & videos from iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to Mac or PC
Apple is more than just a number of beautifully designed computers, phones and now watches. Magic begins when all these devices start working as a system. So, in fact, there is nothing easier then downloading of photos and videos from iOS to Mac and vice versa. And, of course, it hurts when doing this with a PC. Anyway, connect your iPhone with the USB cable and let’s begin!
Import Photos from iPhone to Mac
There are 2 applications pre-installed with OS X one can use to transfer photos from iPhone to MacOS X: Photos and Image Captures. Image Capture basically does one thing – copying. Also you can delete your files afterwards.
Photo-transferring in photos is not more complicated either. Note that the app copies photos to a special system folder “Photo Library” (that can be however changed in Preferences). Once photos being replaced, the app creates a special album. That simple. You can also use Photos app for edits similar to iPhone or add specific extensions.
Transfer Photos from iPhone to PC
- Unlock your iPhone if it is necessary.
- Make sure PC is trusted by the device.
- Launch Start menu and select Computer.
- Right click on image of appeared iPhone or iPad.
- Click on appeared option “Import photos and videos.“
- Specify importing settings by choosing folder paths to import photos and videos.
- Specify tags if necessary.
- Finally, start transferring.
Phone Cleaner for Media Files
How to clear iPhone Storage? You can use a free application by Nektony Phone Cleaner for Media Files, that helps to find and remove the largest media files and duplicate photos.