If you need to remove Audacity from your Mac, this post can help you. We will share two ways how to uninstall the Audacity on Mac.
How to uninstall Audacity manually
The Audacity application includes lots of program components that are hidden from the average user’s eyes. We just see a simple interface and use the program to get a specific result. Once launched, however, the Audacity app creates different service files to perform properly. In order to completely uninstall this app from your Mac, you need to delete all files related to Audacity.
For this, take the following steps:
- Quit Audacity.
- Open the
folder and find the Audacity.app file. Right-click on it and choose from the menu that appears.
- Now you can remove all useless service files related to the Audacity software tool. The service files are mainly stored in the hidden Library folder. To get access to this folder, open
→ click in the menu bar → select from the drop-down menu → type ~/Library in the window that appears and press Enter.
- Within the Library folder, find and delete all files and folders that contain Audacity in their names. Check to see if they are in the following subfolders of the Library folder:
~/Library/Saved Application State/org.audacityteam.audacity.savedState
Depending on the Audacity version, your macOS version, and your experience of using this app, there may be more service files on your disk. Therefore, we recommend that you check to see if there are any Audacity service files left in the following Library subfolders:
- Then, empty the Trash bin to entirely uninstall Audacity from your Mac.
How to remove the Audacity software automatically
You can uninstall apps on a Mac in a much easier way, thanks to the App Cleaner & Uninstaller program. You can readily remove Audacity from your computer using App Cleaner & Uninstaller in less than a minute.
For this, complete the following steps:
- Launch App Cleaner & Uninstaller.
- In the
- Review the files you are going to delete and click on the
button to confirm the action.
- Complete the removal of the Audacity app by emptying the Trash bin.
Now you know how to easily uninstall the Audacity Mac OS version from your computer. However, you likely have many other apps on your Mac. In case you need to uninstall an app for any reason, we advise using App Cleaner & Uninstaller.
This software tool scans your disk and finds all service files of the unneeded program. App Cleaner & Uninstaller helps you to correctly, completely and quickly delete apps from your Mac.