Calibre is an ebook reader for mac OS, Windows, and Linux. If for any reason you want to remove the Calibre ebook from your computer, read on to learn how. Today we will look at two ways to uninstall Calibre on a Mac.
- 1. How to manually uninstall the Calibre ebook reader
- 2. How to automatically remove the Calibre ebook
Uninstall the Calibre Ebook Reader Manually
The Calibre reader, like other applications on your Mac, is a complex software tool, which consists of a large number of support files. It has an executable file (.app) that is used to launch the program. It also creates lots of service files, which are stored in hidden folders on your disk.
If you want to manually uninstall the Calibre app from your Mac, you should remove all its components. For this, take the following steps:
- Quit the Calibre software.
- Open the folder → select the file → drag and drop it to the bin.
- You can find the service files of the Calibre app in the user’s Library folder. This folder is hidden by default to prevent accidental removal of its content by users. To get access to the Library folder, launch ~/Library in the window that appears → click . → click in the menu bar → select in the drop-down menu → type
- Within the Library folder, find all the files and folders related to Calibre and delete them. For the most part, you can find these useless files in the following subfolders:
- Then empty the bin.
- Launch App Cleaner & Uninstaller.
- Select from the list of your programs in the tab. All its useless service files will be selected automatically. Click on the button.
- Review the files and folders you intend to delete and click on the button.
- Complete the entire removal of the Calibre app from your Mac by emptying the bin.
You can choose one of these two methods to remove the Mac version of Calibre from your computer. However, third-party uninstallers remove programs from a Mac in a much easier and safer way.
Therefore, we recommend using App Cleaner & Uninstaller, which helps to remove more than 1,000 applications from your Mac.
~/Library/Saved Application State/net.kovidgoyal.calibre.savedState
~/Library/Saved Application State/com.calibre-ebook.ebook-viewer.savedState
If you want to delete the Calibre Library folder, you can find it in your user’s folder. The Calibre Library subfolder is stored there by default. Use the next path to delete the unneeded Calibre books:
-Macintosh/Users/Your User Name/Calibre Library
Remove the Calibre Ebook Automatically
If you want to save time and be certain that you have not accidentally deleted critical service files, use the automatic method. We advise using App Cleaner & Uninstaller.
This software tool helps to entirely and correctly delete an app from a Mac in less than a minute. To remove the Calibre ebook from your Mac using App Cleaner & Uninstaller, complete these simple steps: