Camtasia Studio is a video recording application which allows a user to record video from the screen, capture sounds from the microphone, and edit this video using special effects, formats, and codecs. Some users may find the application difficult to use and wish to uninstall it. In this article, we will explain how to uninstall Camtasia on a Mac, so as not to leave the app’s remains on a hard drive.
- How to uninstall Camtasia on a Mac manually?
- How to uninstall Camtasia using the uninstallation tool?
- Video guide.
How to Uninstall Camtasia on a Mac Manually
- To start the removal process of Camtasia, first ensure that the application is closed. Quit Camtasia from the Dock panel.
- Once you have closed the program, go to the Applications folder and remove Camtasia from there.
- Then, it’s time for an important step that most Mac users usually don’t do. You should find and remove all the service files of Camtasia which have been created during its use. When you just remove an app to Trash, it service files still remain on your Mac. Over time, they can eat up a significant disk space on your Mac. If you wish to keep your computer clean and help it to work smoothly and quickly, then always remember to get rid of such junk files. By default, apps store their service files in the hidden Library folder. Go to Library and remove all the files related to Camtasia from the following folders:
- ~Library/Application Support/TechSmith
Camtasia is designed by the TechSmith company. That’s why most files are named by the company’s name.
4. The final last step is to empty your Trash.
You can use this manual removal guide for any application. But you should know that some apps create tons of files and scatter them throughout the disk. Thus, it may be difficult to find all the service files or at least it will take a significant amount of time. That’s why we recommend that you learn another way to remove remaining app files, which requires having only a special uninstallation tool and takes just a few clicks to do the job.
How to Uninstall Camtasia on a Mac Using the Uninstallation Tool
When it comes to uninstalling apps, use the uninstallation program from Nektony, App Cleaner & Uninstaller. This program automatically finds all the support files of your apps and even the leftovers of previously-removed apps. Here is how the app works:
- Launch App Cleaner & Uninstaller and wait until the scanning process ends.
- Select unneeded apps and click the Remove or Uninstall Button.
- Preview the selected apps and files and confirm the removal.
Another useful feature of App Cleaner & Uninstaller is the possibility to manage Mac extensions.