IDrive is a cloud-based application for storing important files and making online backups with a high level of privacy. This online storage is not as popular as Google Drive, iCloud Drive or Dropbox. If you are using iDrive and for some reason now want to switch to another cloud storage, this article is for you. Most users have a problem when they are trying to remove the app. So just read on to learn how to uninstall iDrive for Mac completely and safely.
Way 1 – Uninstall iDrive Manually
There are several ways to uninstall applications on Mac. Most programs provide their own uninstaller tools so that it is possible to remove an app completely in several clicks. However, iDrive doesn’t have its own uninstaller, so you would need to remove it manually and search for its leftovers, also manually. Let’s follow the step-by-step guide.
1. First, you need to quit iDrive. For this go to Menu Bar → click the iDrive icon → select Quit iDrive
Please, note, when you quit iDrive, its agents remain running in the background. Later they may create some residual files when you are trying to remove the app. So it is highly important to close all running processes related to the app with the help of Activity Monitor.
2. Open Activity Monitor → select iDrive Daemon there → click the “close” icon in the top-left corner → and then reboot your Mac.
3. Now you are ready to remove the app. Go to the Application folder in the Finder, find iDrive and delete it with the context menu, or drag and drop it to the Trash.
4. After this, it is important to remove all service files which were created by the application on your Mac. For this, go to the Library folder and find the leftovers of iDrive in the following subfolders:
5. Then reboot your Mac. The iDrive application should be uninstalled completely. However, we recommend that you check your Mac for its leftovers once again and remove whatever files you find. You can use a free tool Funter to find all files related to the app and even hidden files.
Way 2 – Uninstall iDrive with Quick Uninstaller Tool
1. Please note, before removing iDrive with an uninstaller tool, you also should quit iDrive and close all its running processes.
2. After Mac rebooting launch App Cleaner & Uninstaller, check if the “Search Service Files in System folders” option is enabled. Go to Menu bar —> click App Cleaner & Uninstaller —> Preferences —> tick the checkbox near Search Service files in the System folders.
3. Rescan applications: in the Menu Bar click File → Rescan.
4. In the Applications tab, find iDrive, select it and click to Remove.
Note, you can select all files and uninstall the app with just one click when you use the Pro mode of App Cleaner & Uninstaller. If you use the Free mode, first you need to remove its service files, then go to the Application folder in the Finder and delete the executable file of iDrive manually. After these steps, the app also will be uninstalled completely. In our previous article, you can read more about the difference between the Free and Pro modes of App Cleaner & Uninstaller.
Those users who have already removed the executable file of iDrive manually, should check the Extensions and Remains tabs, where you will find all leftovers of the iDrive. Select and remove them.