If for some reason, you decide to remove iMovie from your Mac, so that it will not take up useless space on your hard drive, this article is for you. We will share two ways of how to delete iMovie on your Mac. The guide will be helpful even for those users who just need to reinstall iMovie.
Uninstall iMovie manually
This instruction is true not only for iMovie but for any program you need to uninstall on your Mac. Just note that, after putting the app in the Trash, it is important to find and remove its caches and other service files. Follow these steps:
- Go to the Application folder → find the iMovie app → move it to the Trash folder.
- Now let’s find and clear iMovie cache files. For this, go to the Library folder → find all the files and folders related to iMovie and delete them. Here is a list of folders that usually contain iMovie service files:
- ~Library/Application Support
- ~Library/Application Scripts
If you don’t want to go through each subfolder, and save time, use a free utility Funter, which helps you to find any file including hidden service files.
If you are looking for how to delete iMovie videos, the Funter app again will help you, as it easily finds all types of files on your Drive, even in package contents.
with App Cleaner & Uninstaller
You may agree that the manual way of apps removal is not convenient and takes up too much time. That’s why we recommend that you use a special program for this task – App Cleaner & Uninstaller.
App Cleaner & Uninstaller allows you to uninstall any app with just a few clicks. What is most important is that the program finds absolutely all the service files related to deleted apps and gives no chance for traces to stay on your disk. Here is how it works:
- Launch App Cleaner & Uninstaller.
- Select iMovie from the list of scanned apps.
- Click the Remove button and confirm your removal.
As you see, with the help of App Cleaner & Uninstaller, you can remove apps easily and completely in less than in a minute.