LastPass is a password management app which allows you to protect, store and synchronize passwords between your browsers and devices. You can authorize the sites to do so automatically from any computer anywhere in the world. LastPass can generate passwords so that you do not need to come up with a password for each site, and the app will remember it for you. Although LastPass is a popular utility, it turned out a while ago that the app had some vulnerabilities, so most users decided to delete it.
In this article, we will provide a full guide of two ways to uninstall LastPass on Mac safely.
Way 1 – Delete LastPass app on Mac manually
1. First, quit the application. You can do it from the Dock panel or from the Menu Bar.
2. Find and remove LastPass from the Applications folder in Finder.
3. Now it’s time to find and remove all the traces of LastPass in your System. Go to the Library folder and check the following subfolders for its caches, logs and other service items.
If, for some reason, you can’t find the service files of LastPass, use App Cleaner & Uninstaller, which shows all the leftovers of any app removed manually. Learn in the second section how to remove programs completely with App Cleaner & Uninstaller.
Way 2 – Uninstall LastPass with App Cleaner
App Cleaner & Uninstaller is a special utility to completely remove any program on Mac. You can try it for free. The app allows you to uninstall applications, remove only their support files, operate extensions installed on your Mac and even find and remove the traces of old already deleted apps.
By default, the uninstaller can check apps for a complete cleanup when you move any app to Trash. This means that each time you delete an application, you will get a notification with the reminder to also delete the file remains. Click the Complete Uninstall button.
The app will show a window with the traces found. Just click Remove to get rid of the application completely.
If you want to preview all your applications and quickly uninstall multiples of them, then it would be convenient and quick if you follow these steps.
- Launch App Cleaner & Uninstaller. It will scan the Application folder and show all programs installed on your Mac in the left section. You can arrange them by date or by size.
- Select the apps you want to uninstall.
- Click the Remove button.
App Cleaner & Uninstaller provides a wide range of useful features. Learn more about them in the following articles.
- How to remove leftovers of uninstalled apps with App Cleaner.
- How to stop programs from running at startup.