If you need to uninstall Max from your Mac computer for any reason, you may find it a bit tricky to do so. Unlike standard applications, Max does not come with a built-in uninstaller that can remove all its components from your system. This article will show you two methods on how to uninstall Max from Cycling’74. Read on carefully to delete the app from your Mac completely, with all of its service files.
How to uninstall Max Cycling’74 manually
The manual method of uninstalling Max Cycling’74, as well as any other application on a Mac, requires deleting the app’s executable file and all its service files. It is important to delete service files of previously-deleted apps, as they take up a significant amount of space on your disk. If you don’t clear your Mac of these unneeded files, over time they will clutter your disk space and may negatively affect on your Mac’s performance. Follow these steps to manually uninstall the Max application on your Mac.
- Go to the Application folder and remove the app’s executable file from there.
- Then find and remove the app’s service files, which are stored in the Library folder. To get to Library, in the menu bar click Go and select Go to Folder…
- In the window that appears, type ~/Library and press Enter.
Here in the Library folder, you can find caches, logs, preferences and all other support files of apps. You should find and remove subfolders and files associated with Max from Cycling`74.
Also, you should check other subfolders for the app’s service files, as a number of them depend on the user’s behavior and how long the app was used:
- The last step is to empty Trash and restart your Mac. Now the Max application has been completely uninstalled from your Mac.
We understand that it may be not so easy to find all the service files in Library, and would like to share a useful tip to easily search for hidden service files on your Mac. You can use Funter, a free application, to find any file on your Mac by its name. Funter finds hidden files that Spotlight never displays. Just type the name Max or Cycling74 to get the results.
Now let’s learn another method, which is the quickest and easiest way to completely uninstall apps.
How to remove Max Cycling’74 using App Cleaner & Uninstaller
There is a special software tool, App Cleaner & Uninstaller, designed to delete apps with all their service files with a few clicks. The uninstaller allows you to uninstall Max in less than a minute. Here’s how to use it.
- Download and launch App Cleaner & Uninstaller.
- As soon as App Cleaner finishes scanning your applications, find and select Max. Click the Remove button.
- Confirm the removal by clicking the Remove button.
Video Guide: How to remove application on Mac
Now you know two methods of uninstalling Max on a Mac. You can use both of these methods to delete any program on a Mac. If you choose to use App Cleaner & Uninstaller, we recommend that you visit the software’s Support page to learn more about it.