Installing drivers on a Mac is easy. However, when we need to delete them, we face various issues. The same is true for Wacom Drivers. Here is a detailed uninstalling guide for Wacom on the company’s help page. However, since we have been coding an uninstalling tool for apps on Mac for many years, we regularly check apps for all service files they create in the system. After using the official removal guide of Wacom, we carefully checked its service files as well and found some more files that were not mentioned in the guide. Thus, in this article, we are going to share two more ways and some useful tips on how to completely uninstall Wacom driver from Mac and leave no leftovers behind.
- How to uninstall Wacom Driver using its native uninstaller.
- How to manually uninstall Wacom Driver on Mac.
- The easiest way to completely uninstall Wacom.
How to uninstall Wacom Driver using its native uninstaller
To completely uninstall applications on Mac it is important to remove not only their executable files but all the support files as well. It’s a wide spread myth to think that removing an app by putting it into the Trash gets the job done. So please, follow all the steps below for complete uninstalling of the driver.
Steps to uninstall Wacom Driver using its native uninstaller:
- First, close all the background Wacom processes. Open Activity Monitor, select all the processes with Wacom in their names, and close all of them by clicking the Close button to quit them.
- Go to the Applications folder → Wacom tablet folder and run Wacom Tablet utility.
- Click the Uninstall button and wait until the uninstalling is finished.
Next, move on to the most important part of the removal process. The next step is finding and deleting all the service files and leftovers of the drivers. Usually, applications store their service files in the Library folder. By default, Apple keeps this folder hidden to protect the users from accidental removal of important system files and prevent system issues. Below, you can see the steps on how to get to the Library folder and find all support files of Wacom Driver.
- In Finder press the Command+Shift+G key shortcut. You will see the Go to Folder search field.
- Type ~/Library in the search field and hit Enter.
Here in the Library folder, you need to check all of the following subfolders to Wacom support files and remove them:
- ~/Library/Application Support
- ~/Library/Application Scripts
- ~/Library/Internet Plugins
- ~/Library/Launch Agents
- And finally, don’t forget to empty Trash to completely get rid of Wacom Driver.
How to manually uninstall Wacom Driver on Mac
If for any reason you can’t find the Wacom Utility file in the Applications folder, don’t worry. Here how to manually remove Wacom Driver from Mac:
- Close all Wacom background processes. For this, run Activity Monitor, select Wacom running processes click to close them.
- Go to the Applications folder and delete the Wacom Tablet folder by placing it into the Trash.
- When you installed Wacom Driver to your Mac, it created a preference pane in your system. By default, preference panes are displayed in the System Preferences window. So go to System Preferences and find the Wacom Driver icon at the bottom of the window. Right click on the Wacom icon and select Remove “Wacom Tablet” Preference Pane.
- Now you need to find and remove support Wacom files stored in the ~/Library folder. You can follow steps 4 through 7 from the previous chapter to do this, or use another quick way to find and remove all Wacom hidden support files.
Tip to quickly find Wacom hidden files
Some apps may spread their support files over the macOS system and it may be not easy to find all of them. You can use a free application Funter from Nektony to find all hidden support files of each app on a Mac fast.
Here is how to find Wacom support files using Funter:
- Launch Funter.
- Click on the app’s icon from the ToolBar menu and type Wacom in the search field.
- In less than a minute, you will get a list of all the files created by Wacom during its use. Select and remove all support files and folders created by Wacom.
As you can see, there are lots of Wacom files left on your Mac. You can search for them manually or use Funter to find and remove them all.
Also, you can uninstall Wacom with just two clicks using a special uninstalling tool. If you need a safe and quick way to remove Wacom, keep on reading this article.
The easiest way to completely uninstall Wacom from Mac
The quickest way to uninstall Wacom is to use App Cleaner & Uninstaller. It is an application from Nektony, which allows you to uninstall programs on Mac completely with just a few clicks. What is important is that App Cleaner & Uninstaller automatically finds all the service files of previously-removed apps so that you don’t need to waste your time searching for them. Even if you have already deleted the app in the usual way, App Cleaner & Uninstaller will find the leftovers of this app and display them in the Remaining Files tab.
Here are the steps to uninstall Wacom on Mac using App Cleaner & Uninstaller:
- First, close all the Wacom background processes. For this, open Activity Monitor → select Wacom running processes → click to quit them.
- Launch App Cleaner & Uninstaller.
- In the list of apps select Wacom.
- Click to remove Wacom from your Mac.
- Review the selected files and confirm their removal.
That’s all. Easy, fast, and safe!
Finally, App Cleaner & Uninstaller also allows you to manage login items, Internet plugins, launch agents.
It’s up to you which way to use for uninstalling Wacom from your Mac. If you have any questions related to this article, do not hesitate to ask them in the comments or by contacting Nektony support team.