Tunnelblick is a software tool used for correct installation of OpenVPN protocol configuration files on all versions of the Mac operating system. It is easy in use and supported by various VPN services. However, despite its popularity and being free of charge, you may wish to uninstall Tunnelblick for Mac, for example, because you have found a Tunnelblick alternative or you do not use a VPN anymore. In this article, we will tell you how to uninstall the Tunnelblick VPN program.
How to Uninstall Tunnelblick on Mac Manually
- First, quit the Tunnelblick from the Menu Bar.
- Then go to the Applications folder in the Finder and remove the Tunnelblick executable item.
- Now it’s time to find and remove the support files (caches, logs, cookies, etc.) created on your disk while you were using Tunnelblick. Such files are usually stored in the Library folder. To go to the Library, use the Command+Shift+G shortcut and type ~/Library in the search field.
- Go to the Application Support folder. Here you will find the Tunnelblick subfolder, which contains all the traces of the app. Remove this subfolder.
Also, we recommend that you check the following folders for Tunnelblick remains:
- ~/Library/Saved Application State/…
If you find any files related to the application, remove them.
- And, finally, empty the Trash so as to get rid of Tunnelblick completely and permanently.
Remove Tunnelblick Using Mac Uninstaller
We have shared with you the manual way of uninstalling programs on Mac. However, you may find that it is inconvenient and takes too much time. Moreover, the manual way is potentially dangerous since, if you accidentally delete the folders of other applications, you can damage their correct operation. Luckily, there is an easier and quicker way of uninstalling programs on Mac, including Tunnelblick. This is possible with a free utility App Cleaner & Uninstaller.
- Download App Cleaner & Uninstaller from the Mac App Store and launch it.
- Select Tunnelblick from the list of apps and click the Remove button.
- The uninstaller will ask you to confirm the deletion. Here you can see all the files related to Tunnelblick that are going to be deleted. Click to Remove them.
As you can see, with App Cleaner & Uninstaller it takes only a few clicks to uninstall programs on Mac. Once again, App Cleaner is free to download and use. To get more advanced features, you will need the Pro version which costs $4.99.
Read in our previous articles about the benefits of the Free and Pro modes of App Cleaner & Uninstaller.