VPN Shield is a virtual private network application for Mac that guarantees a secure Internet connection and unblocking local restricted websites. When it comes to security and privacy, the users pay attention to regular updates of the VPN applications. VPN Shield has not been updated for a long time. Due to this or for any other reason, you might need to uninstall VPN Shield from your Mac. In this article, we will provide a detailed guide on how to correctly and safely uninstall VPN Shield from your Mac.
- How to manually uninstall VPN Shield from Mac.
- How to delete VPN Shield using App Cleaner & Uninstaller.
Basically, you have two options to uninstall Hotspot Shield from your Mac. Please, use one of the methods below in order to completely uninstall VPN Shield from your Mac.
How to manually uninstall VPN Shield from Mac
The manual process of uninstalling apps from Mac consists of two main steps. First, you need to remove the application’s executable file. Then you need to clean up all the leftovers of the removed application. Here we will explain how to find and remove support service files of VPN Shield.
Steps on how to manually uninstall VPN Shield from Mac:
- Quit VPN Shield.
- Go to the Applications folder. Find and move VPN Shield into the Trash bin.
- Find VPN Shield support files. For this, open Finder, click Go in the menu bar, press Option and select Library.
Here in the Library folder you need to find and remove all support files associated with VPN Shield. In our case we found the following files:
- ~/Library/Application Scripts/com.stidia.vpnshield
- ~/Library/Containers/VPN Shield
- Please, note that some apps may spread out their service files outside the Library folder. You can use a free freeware Funter from Nektony to find more cache files of VPN Shield. On the screenshot below you can see the VPN Shield support files we found using Funter.
- Once you remove all leftovers of VPN Shield, empty your Trash and reboot your Mac. The application is now completely removed from your computer.
As you can see, some apps store their files in locations that are not easy to find manually. That’s why we recommend that you use App Cleaner & Uninstaller that automatically finds all support files of each application and allows you to completely uninstall applications in just a few clicks.
How to delete VPN Shield using App Cleaner & Uninstaller
App Cleaner & Uninstaller helps to completely and safely uninstall applications from Mac. All you need to do to uninstall applications is select them and click to uninstall.
Steps on how to uninstall VPN Shield with App Cleaner & Uninstaller:
- Launch App Cleaner & Uninstaller.
- Find VPN Shield in the list of scanned apps and select it.
- Click the Remove button and confirm the action.
That’s all. On the screenshot above you can see that App Cleaner & Uninstaller found caches, containers and other support files of VPN Shield. So you don’t need to waste time to manually search for them. Even if you have already removed VPN Shield by moving it into Trash, App Cleaner & Uninstaller will find its leftovers and display them in the Remaining files section.