Basically, you have two options to uninstall Hotspot Shield from your Mac. Please, use one of the methods below in order to uninstall VPN Shield from your Mac computer completely and safely.
Uninstall VPN Shield Manually
To uninstall VPN Shield manually perform the following steps:
- Quit VPN Shield.
- Then remove VPN Shield from the Applications folder.
- After that find and remove the application’s service files. They are stored in the following locations:
- ~Library > Containers > com.stidia.vpnshieldhelper
- ~Library > Containers > com.stidia.vpnshield *~Library is a hidden folder. Use a freeware Funter to view hidden files or press the ⌘+⇧+G shortcut for moving into a specific location in Finder.
Delete VPN Shield with App Cleaner
You can use a special software App Cleaner & Uninstaller to remove VPN Shield from a Mac with a few clicks:
- Launch the applications uninstaller.
- Find VPN Shield in the list of scanned apps and select it.
- Click the Remove button.
- Confirm removing of VPN Shield with all its service files.