The JDownloader application is a download manager, which allows you to download groups of files from hosting websites. If for some reasons you want to remove JDownloader from your Mac, follow this article. We will share three methods on how to correctly uninstall JDownloader.
- Remove JDownloader using its native uninstaller.
- Uninstall JDownloader manually.
- Delete JDownloader using App Cleaner & Uninstaller.
Way 1 – Remove JDownloader using its native uninstaller
The JDownloader uninstaller can be found in the following location:
- Macintosh HD/Users/[current user=””][/current]/bin/JDownloader (2.0)/JDownloader Uninstaller.app
Launch these files and follow the provided steps to uninstall the application.
Way 2 – Uninstall JDownloader manually
Unlike other apps, JDownloader doesn’t actually appear in the Applications folder. What you’ll find there is just a shortcut.
JDownloader is located in the following location:
- Macintosh HD/Users/[current user=””][/current]/bin/JDownloader (2.0)
The service files of GIMP are located here:
- Macintosh HD/Users/[current user=””][/current]/~Library/Preferences/org.jdownloader.launcher.plist
You need to find and remove both files.
Use the ⌘+⇧+G key shortcut to find them in Finder.
Way 3 – Uninstall JDownloader using
App Cleaner & Uninstaller
Here is how to uninstall JDownloader using an easy tool App Cleaner & Uninstaller:
- Download App Cleaner and scan your applications.
- Select the Jdownloader app in a list on the left and click the Remove button.