1. Duplicate File Finder is fast. It has a really fast scanning algorithm to find duplicate files.
2. It provides a possibility to find duplicate files in multiple different folders at a time. You can also scan of multiple disks.
3. Found duplicates are visualised as a bar chart.
4. Duplicates even in hidden folders can be found.
5. It offers Cleanup hints for removing duplicates in the fastest way.
6. It shows folder duplicates.
7. It finds similar folders – folders, that don’t have completely duplicate content.
8. It shows you visual progress of files selected for removal.
In the section “Similars” you see the folders that have both similar files and other files that are unique for every folder. Duplicate File Finder is the only app that finds similar folders.
Folder duplicates are the folders that have absolutely identical content, including files and subfolders. Similars are the folders that include both identical and unique files.
Sure. Duplicate File Finder makes it possible to get a list of duplicates that eat up disk memory most. In a left column choose Sort by Total Size and get a list of duplicates ordered by their total size (count*size).
Yes. To find duplicate by name just type the name in a search field. Duplicate File Finder will filter a list of duplicates by name.
Yes. Go to Duplicate File Finder Preferences from a menu bar, choose Skip List tab and add folders to this list.
Yes. Go to Duplicate File Finder Preferences from a menu bar and as well, add the files to Skip list.
When you remove duplicates with Duplicate File Finder By default files and folders go Trash. If you want to remove them permanently, go to the app Preferences and in a Remove tab enable Remove duplicates permanently option.
Yes. For this option you need to enable Remove empty folders in Preferences.
Auto Select button selects automatically duplicates that have in their names words such us “copy”, “copy 2”, “copy of”, etc. Such names are created by default when you copy a file and paste it in the same folder. To view any other duplicate files use “Select Any Copies” command.
While Auto Select button selects only copies with a word “copy” in the name of a file, Select Any Copies” command selects any duplicate files. This command is available via app menu Select→ Select Any Copies. The keyboard shortcut for this command is CMD+K.
Yes, you can search for duplicates even in hidden folders. Go to Duplicate File Finder Preferences and enable Scan Hidden Folders option .
Yes, however, by default this option is disabled. Go to application Preferences and enable the option Allow removing all duplicate copies in a Remove tab.
Yes. Duplicate File Finder provides a possibility to find duplicates at any disk that is readable on OS X operating system.