In this article, we will explain how to change default apps for different types of files with App Cleaner & Uninstaller, and quickly preview all files of specific extensions on your Mac.
Follow these steps to set which app to use by default for each type of file extension:
- Launch App Cleaner & Uninstaller.
- Switch to the Open With section.
- Select a file from the left column.
- Choose the application from the right list.
- Click Set as Default.
How to see the list of all files of selected types with App Cleaner & Uninstaller
If you need to preview all files of a selected extension for which you want to change a default app, click the Magnifier icon next to the file type.
It will open the list of all the files of the selected type in Finder.
If you can’t open the list of files of the selected type in Finder, you may not have the permission. In this case, you will get such a notification:
Here is how to troubleshoot this issue:
- Open System Preferences.
- Go to the Security & Privacy section → Privacy tab → select Automation.
- Find App Cleaner & Uninstaller in the list of apps in right panel and enable Finder access for it.
Now you can open the list of all files of selected types by clicking the Arrow icon in App Cleaner & Uninstaller.