CrossOver for Mac is a useful application in case you wish to use some Windows software on your Mac. However, you can find analogs for macOS today. So, you can remove this application from your Mac and free up 1,5 GB of space on your HD. In this article, you will learn how to uninstall CrossOver on your Mac.
Uninstall CrossOver Manually
When we use an application, it creates service files and folders for its correct operation. That is why on the CrossOver website, there is a manual guide to uninstall the app with its files on a Mac. Note, that most of the service files are stored in the hidden Library folder on your Mac. So, you have to complete the next steps to open it:
Open Finder → click Go in the toolbar → hold down the Option key → select the Library folder that appears in the drop-down list.
Now, you can delete all service files that related to the CrossOver application on your Mac. For this, complete the following steps:
- In the Applications folder select CrossOver.app and Move to Trash.
- In the Library folder, go to the Application Support, find the CrossOver folder and Move to Trash.
- Then again in the Library folder go to the Preferences, find all files start with com.codeweavers.CrossOver… and delete them.
- Check the Caches folder. Find the com.codeweavers.CrossOver folder there and also remove it.
- Find the Logs subfolder. Find the com.codeweavers.CrossOver folder there and move it to Trash.
- And finally, empty Trash to remove CrossOver completely.
Uninstall CrossOver Automatically
Luckily, you have another option to complete all these steps in just three clicks. It is possible, thanks to the App Cleaner & Uninstaller. It is a special software, which helps to uninstall up to 1000 applications on your Mac. Complete the following steps to uninstall CrossOver Mac version in less than a minute:
- Launch App Cleaner & Uninstaller.
- Select CrossOver from the list of applications and click Uninstall.
- Overview all items you want to delete and click to Remove.
App Cleaner & Uninstaller finds applications and their service files on your Mac and moves them to Trash. You have to empty the Trash to delete items entirely, or you can put the items back if you have deleted something by mistake.
Now you know the trick, that not only apps require space on your Mac, but lots of service files also require space. So, you should remove all files related to the app, if you wish to get rid of it completely. You can do it manually and spend your precious time on this. Or, you can just launch App Cleaner & Uninstaller and it will uninstall an application entirely.