Evernote is a well known personal virtual notebook. This application makes it possible to make notes with text, images, audios and even small videos. The main convenience of the notebook is keeping all the necessary information in one place. Once you download the program on your computer, smartphone or tablet, all your data sync with each other automatically, so you can view your notes on any device.
Well, that was about what Evernote is. It is undoubtedly a useful application. However, since its latest update, some users have complained about bugs and process failures when trying to open any note. If you have encountered the same problem and want to delete the app and reinstall or uninstall Evernote completely, then read on. We will tell you how to remove Evernote from your Mac.
How to uninstall Evernote on Mac
If you move the app’s icon to Trash and then try to reinstall Evernote, your Mac may tell you that the application is already installed. That’s why it is important to uninstall it correctly and completely. Firstly let’s learn about manual removal.
- Quit Evernote from the Dock Panel.
If you use Evernote extensions some options may still work in the background. Go to Activity Monitor and check them. Close all running processes related to Evernote.
- Go to the Application folder and move the Evernote application to Trash from the context menu.
- Remove service files of the notebook. Go to Library and check the next folders:
Delete all the associated Evernote files from Library.
- Empty the Trash to delete Evernote completely.
An Easy Way to Delete Evernote
You can uninstall Evernote or any other application on Mac in a quicker and easier way. For that use a special software App Cleaner & Uninstaller Pro. This application helps to remove programs on Mac, clear cache files, change extensions and even find leftovers of earlier removed apps.
- Download App Cleaner & Uninstaller Pro.
- Scan your Application Folder with the app.
- Select all support files of Evernote and click the Remove button.