FrostWire is an open-source torrent client application that allows you to download and play files from BitTorrent and Gnutella networks. If for any reason you want to delete the FrostWire application from your computer, keep reading.
In this article, we will share two ways to uninstall FrostWire from a Mac.
- 1. How to manually delete FrostWire from a Mac
- 2. How to automatically uninstall FrostWire from a Mac
Delete FrostWire for Mac Manually
Once installed on your Mac, each application creates service files and stores them on your disk. They are used by the program to provide proper performance. Therefore, if you want to entirely delete FrostWire for Mac, you need to remove all of its components from your disk as well. For this, complete the following steps:
- Stop all processes of the FrostWire application and quit it.
- Open the folder → select the FrostWire.app file → drag and drop it to the bin.
- Now you can remove all useless service files of the FrostWire program from your disk. Generally they are stored in the hidden Library folder. To get access to this folder, in the Finder’s menu bar, click ~/Library in the window that appears → click . → → type
- Within the Library folder, find and delete the unneeded files related to FrostWire in the next directories:
- Empty the bin to complete the uninstallation of FrostWire from your Mac.
Depending on the way you used FrostWire on your Mac, you can find more items that contain the name of the app in their titles within other Library subfolders. Within the Library folder, check to see if there are some remaining FrostWire files in the following directories:
~/Library/Saved Application State
Uninstall FrostWire from a Mac Automatically
If you are looking for the most effective way to uninstall FrostWire for Mac, we advise using App Cleaner & Uninstaller. It is a comprehensive uninstaller created for macOS that correctly and completely removes apps from a Mac. App Cleaner & Uninstaller is able to automatically delete FrostWire from your Mac in less than a minute.
To uninstall the FrostWire app from your computer using App Cleaner & Uninstaller, take the following steps:
- Launch App Cleaner & Uninstaller.
- Choose FrostWire from the list of your programs in the tab. All of its service files will be automatically selected. Click on the button.
- Review the files and folders you are going to delete and click on the button.
- Then empty the bin to entirely uninstall FrostWire from your Mac.
Regardless of the FrostWire uninstallation method you choose, there is one final consideration. It’s important to remember that a large number of junk files left after partially-removing apps can make your Mac perform slowly.
If you want to be sure there are no useless files on your disk, use App Cleaner & Uninstaller to completely remove applications. App Cleaner & Uninstaller will help you to delete more than 1,000 apps from your Mac. Download the app today for free and evaluate it.