If you suffer from a lack of disk memory and need to uninstall some unused app, including Origin, this article will teach you how to do it correctly and safely. Even if you just need to reinstall Origin, we recommend that you first remove it and then install Origin again.
- Uninstall Origin manually.
- Uninstall Origin using App Cleaner.
- How to delete the Origin account.
- How to remove Origin cache files.
How to remove Origin
There are two ways to uninstall programs on a Mac. You can do it manually or use special software tools for this task. If you don’t want to download any additional applications, use the manual way. However, note that it may take a lot of time, especially when you need to uninstall many apps. For those who prefer to save time, we recommend that you use a removal tool, for example, App Cleaner & Uninstaller. In this article, we will share two ways to uninstall Origin. It’s up to you which one to use.
Uninstall Origin manually
Follow these steps to completely uninstall the Origin Client on a Mac.
- Quit the Origin app.
- Find Origin in the Applications folder and move it to Trash.
Then go to the Library folder to find and remove all the service files related to the Origin app. These files are usually located in the following folders:
- ~/Library/Application Support/Origin
If you don’t want to check each folder manually, use a free tool Funter, which allows you to easily find and remove any file, including hidden service files.
- That’s about all. Just don’t forget to empty your Trash to get rid of Origin completely.
Remove Origin with App Cleaner & Uninstaller
The removal of apps with App Cleaner & Uninstaller is much easier and quicker, as the tool does all the previous work instead of you.
- Launch App Cleaner. It will start scanning your application folder.
- Select the Origin app in the left panel.
- Click the Uninstall button to completely remove Origin.
That’s all. As we promised, it’s easy and fast!
If you have already removed Origin into the Trash, you can find its remaining files. For this, switch to the Remaining Files section in App Cleaner & Uninstaller. There you will see the leftovers of all previously removed apps. Select remaining files and click to remove them.
How to Delete the Origin Account
If you are sure that you will never need your account again, follow these steps to delete it.
- Go to the Origin official website and sign in your account.
- Go to the Contact Us section → choose the platform you use → select My Account → Delete Account.
- Then write the technical support in the live chat window that you want to delete your account.
The technical support staff may ask you some questions:
- E-mail address for the registered account
- Your Origin ID
- The answer to a secret question
In two weeks you will receive a letter and will be asked to confirm your intention to delete your account. After you delete your Origin account, you will lose access to all the games you downloaded from your account. Also, you will not be able to register a new account with this email.
How to remove Origin cache files
If you need to clear cache files of the Origin application, you can do this manually like in the uninstallation guide above, or use App Cleaner & Uninstaller again.
To manually remove Origin cache files, follow these steps:
- Open Finder and press Cmd+Shift+G on your keyboard.
- Type ~/Library/Caches and press Enter (Return).
- Find the Origin cache folder and remove it to the Trash.
To quickly remove Origin’s cache files with App Cleaner & Uninstaller, do the following:
- Launch App Cleaner & Uninstaller and enable the Expert mode.
- Click Origin in the left panel.
- Select caches in the right panel and click to remove them.
- Confirm the removal.
We hope you’ve got all the answers to your questions regarding the Origin removal on your Mac. However, if you still have questions, don’t hesitate to ask our support team. We will be happy to assist you.