Mac users usually use Sophos Home to protect their system from hackers, as macOS is less likely to be damaged by a virus than other operating systems. However, you may want to remove Sophos to improve your Mac’s performance, as it uses a lot of RAM memory and CPU.
- How to manually uninstall Sophos antivirus on Mac.
- How to remove Sophos Home with App Cleaner & Uninstaller.
How to Uninstall Sophos Antivirus on Mac
- To delete Sophos from your Mac you need to find and run the Remove Sophos Home.app in /Applications/Folder.
- Launch “Remove Sophos Home” and click Continue. You will need to enter your user password. Type the password and click OK.
- The system will uninstall Sophos Anti-Virus completely on your Mac.
You can also find this file easily with Spotlight.
Remove Sophos Home with App Cleaner & Uninstaller
If you have deleted Remove Sophos Home.app by mistake or for some reason you can’t find it with Finder, there is one other way to uninstall Sophos Anti-Virus completely or any other application on your Mac. That is by using Sophos uninstall tool App Cleaner & Uninstaller.
- Launch App Cleaner & Uninstaller and find Sophos Anti-Virus among the scanned apps.
- Select “Sophos Home” and “Remove Sophos Home” with all their service files, and then click “Remove”. The app will be completely uninstalled on your Mac.