iCloud is an online storage service from Apple that includes iCloud Drive, Photo Stream, iTunes Match, iCloud Photo Library, and even Apple Music. Not only does it store multiple file types, but it also automatically syncs your contacts, documents, music, photos and videos across all your devices.
Apple gives users 5GB of free iCloud storage space for all possible purposes. However, all Mac owners may face the problem of duplicate photos filling up their storage space. Day after day, these duplicate and similar photos take up a lot of space on your cloud storage. And unfortunately it will cost you money to buy more and more space for new ones.
Follow our guide to easily delete duplicate photos and videos in iCloud:
- Before you begin searching for duplicate photos in iCloud, make sure that you have signed into your iCloud account and enabled iCloud Photos in System Preferences.
- To delete unnecessary duplicate photos in iCloud storage, launch the Duplicate File Finder app. In the application window, click → select . After that, click the button.
- The results of the scan will be available within a short time. It is possible to click , which enables Duplicate File Finder to intuitively designate copies for removal. Or check all the duplicate photo groups and manually choose which you would like to delete.
- After selecting files for removal, click the button. Preview the list of selected media files and if everything is ok, confirm their removal by clicking the button.
- The app will move all photos selected for removal to a Selected Duplicate Photos album. To completely delete duplicate photos from your iCloud account, the last step is required.
Using Duplicate File Finder to scan your synchronized Photo Library is the easiest and fastest way to find unnecessary duplicate photos in iCloud.
In case you see the pop-up window that asks you to grant Duplicate File Finder access to Photos, clickto continue with the removal process.
Switch to Photos app and in the sidebar below, choose album. Select all photos in that album. Then in the right-click menu, select .
That’s all. Before too long, all changes will sync to your iCloud Photo Library and all duplicate media files will disappear from your cloud storage as well as of the Photos app did.