Disk Expert works with local volumes, displaying them and allows to scan volumes for file structure. There is list of possibilities and some limits it can do.
Disk Expert does:
- Displays available volumes of types: hard disk volumes, flash drive volumes, CD and DVD disks, mounted DMG volumes.
- Displays volume information: volume size, free size, file system type, device model number, device interface, bootable option.
- Displays animated progress when disk scanning process.
- Allows to navigate you through the folders of scanned volumes, displaying files and folders.
- Provides information about files and folders size.
- Can show QuickLook preview for folders and files.
- Allows to get information about file or folder, preview them in Finder.
- Allows to work with network disks.
- Can show you hidden files and folders, but not recommended for stability reason. It’s possible to delete system files and folders if user is new to Mac OS X, better just not to display them.
- Can scan protected folders with FileVault or other protect system.
- Allows removing unneeded files to Trash or transfer them to another volume Does not remove or clean files on disks, it just displays files and folders.