AdBlock is a browser extension, which blocks advertisements and popups on websites. In some cases you might need to turn off AdBlock on a certain website or there might be a moment when you want to completely uninstall AdBlock from your browser. In this article, we will share the ways on how to disable adblocker from major browsers on a Mac and how to entirely remove AdBlock from Mac.
- Should I remove AdBlock from my browser?
- How to disable AdBlock in Opera.
- How to disable AdBlock in Firefox.
- How to disable AdBlock in Chrome.
- How to remove the AdBlock Safari extension.
- How to easily remove browser extensions on Mac.
Should I remove AdBlock from my browser?
To understand whether you should use AdBlock or remove it, let’s see what type of content the extension blocks. Ad blockers are needed if you want to stop seeing advertisements on websites you visit or in youtube videos you watch. Usually too many ads, popup messages, autoplaying audios are annoying. The AdBlock extension resolves this problem and blocks the advertisements.
The AdBlock extension is free and safe and it is compatible with the most popular websites. However, you should be careful when installing AdBlock. The official version can be downloaded from the official website at https://getadblock.com. If you downloaded and installed the extension from untrusted resources, it might contain viruses and attack your computer.
Today many websites ask to disable ad blockers to show the visitor a content. In this case, you can disable AdBlock for certain web pages. If you want to see how different websites interact with the visitors, how they originally work and which user experience they provide, you can remove AdBlock from your browser.
Below, we will explain how to disable and remove AdBlock in different browsers.
The easiest way to disable or remove extensions in any browser on Mac
This tool uninstalls applications from Mac completely, helps to manage extensions and does this work with just a few clicks. Download it for free.
App Cleaner & Uninstaller
How to disable or remove AdBlock in Opera
In this part of the article, we will explain how to disable AdBlock, how to completely remove it and how to pause it on certain websites.
Steps on how to disable AdBlock in Opera:
- Launch the Opera browser.
- Click on the Extensions icon in the Opera menu bar→ select Manage Extensions.
- Find AdBlock in the list of your extensions and disable it using the appropriate button next to it.
Note, if you want to temporarily disable AdBlock on a certain website, go to the AdBlock Preferences and click on Pause on this site.
How to remove AdBlock from Opera
If you want to completely remove AdBlock from Opera, do the following:
- Click on the Extensions icon in the Opera menu bar.
- Click on three dots next to the AdBlock.
- Select Remove extension.
Another way to remove AdBlock from Opera is to go to the Manage Extensions window → click on the X icon for AdBlock and confirm the removal.
How to disable or remove AdBlock in Firefox
To disable AdBlock in Firefox, follow these steps:
- Launch the Firefox browser.
- Click on the AdBlock icon and select Manage Extensions.
- Switch off the toggle button to disable AdBlock.
If you need to pause AdBlock temporarily on a certain webpage in the Firefox browser, do the following:
- Click on the AdBlock icon in the Firefox menu bar.
- For the Pause on this site option click Once or Always button depending on your needs.
How to completely remove AdBlock from Firefox
If you do not need the AdBlock extension anymore, here is how to completely remove it from Firefox:
- Right-click on AdBlock in the Firefox menu bar.
- Select Remove Extension.
- Confirm the action.
Another way to remove AdBlock from Firefox is to go to the Firefox Preferences → Extensions section → click on the three dots icon next to the AdBlock and select Remove.
How to disable AdBlock in Chrome
Disabling AdBlock in Chrome is very easy. Follow the steps below to do this:
- Launch Google Chrome.
- Click on the Extensions icon in the menu bar.
- Select Manage Extensions.
- A new tab will open with the list of all extensions installed in your browser.
- Find AdBlock in the list of extensions and disable it using the appropriate button.
If you need to disable AdBlock temporarily on a certain webpage, do the following:
- Click on the Adblock icon in the Chrome panel. Or if you have many extensions and don’t see its icon, click the Extensions icon.
- Find AdBlock and click the Settings icon next to it (three dotted icon).
- Select Pause on this site.
Steps on how to remove AdBlock in Chrome
- In the Google Chrome browser, click on the AdBlock icon in the menu bar.
- Click on the Settings icon (three dots).
- Select Remove from Chrome.
Also, you can remove AdBlock from Chrome in the Manage Extensions window.
- Click on the Extensions icon in the Chrome panel.
- Select Manage Extensions.
- Click the Remove button.
How to disable AdBlock for Safari
Follow these steps to turn off AdBlock for Safari.
- Launch the Safari browser.
- Click Safari in the menu bar and select Preferences…
- Switch to the Extensions tab in the Preferences window.
- Untick AdBlock Icon and AdBlock Engine in the list of Extensions. It will turn off the extension.
How to remove AdBlock from Safari
Note: When you download the AdBlock extension to your Safari browser, you also automatically add the AdBlock application to your Mac. So, if you want to completely uninstall AdBlock from your Mac, you will have to remove the AdBlock application.
Steps on how to uninstall AdBlock from Safari
- Quit the AdBlock application if it is launched. For this, click on the AdBlock icon in the desktop toolbar and select Quit.
- Go to the Application folder.
- Remove the AdBlock application into the Trash.
If you go then to the Safari Preferences – Extensions tab, you will not see the AdBlock extensions there.
Note, applications, including AdBlock, create support files and store them on your Mac’s hard drive in the Library folder. Removing an app into the Trash is not enough for a complete uninstallation. You can manually find and remove all of the leftovers or use App Cleaner & Uninstaller to remove AdBlock from your Mac completely and in a few clicks.
How to easily uninstall any browser extensions
App Cleaner & Uninstaller allows you to uninstall Mac apps completely and manage system extensions.
The app has an Extensions tab, where you can find all your extensions, including Web Browser Extensions.
Here is how to remove AdBlock using App Cleaner & Uninstaller:
- Launch App Cleaner & Uninstaller.
- Go to the Extensions tab → Web Browser Extensions. Here you can see the list of extensions for each of your browsers.
- Select AdBlock.
- Click the Remove button and confirm the removal.
Note, since the AdBlock for Safari is an application, you need to switch to the Applications tab to uninstall AdBlock for Safari.
Complete the AdBlock uninstallation from your Mac by emptying the Trash.
What is the easiest way to disable AdBlock on a Mac?
We hope that our guide helped you to disable AdBlock and delete it from your Mac easily. We highly recommend using the App Cleaner & Uninstaller software to uninstall AdBlock for Safari from your Mac. As shown above, App Cleaner & Uninstaller helps you to delete web extensions of all browsers at once. Besides that, it also helps to get rid of useless apps and their leftovers in just a few clicks.