Popcorn Time is a service that allows you to watch torrent movies and TV shows online. You can freely install the Popcorn Time app on your device with any of the iOS, macOS, Android, Windows or Linux platforms. But, if you decide to delete this application from your Mac, we recommend following our guide on how to uninstall Popcorn Time in order to do it correctly and safely. Read on to learn two methods of uninstalling this application on a Mac.
Uninstall Popcorn Time on Mac manually
First, we want to mention that once launched, an app creates temporary service files for its correct performance on your Mac. These service files are important only while you are using the application. After removing an app from your Mac, its useless service files are still stored on your computer. Most of them are kept in your user’s Library folder. If you want to completely delete the Popcorn Time Mac application, you should remove its leftovers, too. For this, take the following steps:
- Quit Popcorn Time.
- Find and select the PopcornTime.app in the Applications folder. Delete the executable file by dragging and dropping it to the Trash bin.
- To get rid of the Popcorn Time leftovers in the user’s Library folder, open Finder → in the Finder’s menu click Go → Go to Folder → in the window that appears, type ~/Library and click Go.
Find and remove all unneeded service files related to the Popcorn Time app in the following user’s Library subfolders:
- ~/Library/Application Support/PopcornTime
- ~/Library/Saved Application State/se.popcorn-time.PopcornTime.savedState
- ~/Library/Preferences/com.time4popcorn.Popcorn Time.plist
- Empty the Trash bin to remove Popcorn Time from your Mac completely.
Uninstall Popcorn Time automatically
Thanks to uninstaller software tools, you can automatically remove applications and their leftovers from your Mac at once. We recommend that you try a universal tool, App Cleaner & Uninstaller, which helps to delete apps in just a few minutes. To uninstall Popcorn Time using App Cleaner & Uninstaller, complete the following steps:
- Launch App Cleaner & Uninstaller.
- Choose Popcorn Time in the list of Applications. In the next moment, all its service files will be selected automatically. Click the Remove button in the bottom right corner.
- Overview the files you want to delete and click Remove.
- Empty the Trash bin to complete the Popcorn Time uninstallation.
Every time you delete an application by dragging it to the Trash, you leave the leftover files on your Mac. Over time, these useless files take up storage space on your Mac. That is why it is important to completely get rid of applications from your Mac. For this purpose, we recommend using App Cleaner & Uninstaller.