There are two ways to check how much RAM you have.
Standard Way to Check Memory Usage
- Go To Apple Menu (find a sign in the top left corner of the screen).
- Select About This Mac.
- In appeared window go to Memory section. Here you can see how much memory is installed on your Mac.
If you want to know the memory used by the system and launched applications and processes, you should follow these steps:
- Launch Activity Monitor application. You can find it in the Launchpad.
- Go to Memory section.
At the bottom of the window, you can see an amount of used memory, operation diagram and other information of RAM usage. In the main window, you can also view detailed information about the memory usage of all processes.
Second Way to Check RAM Usage
You can view Mac memory usage with a free application Memory Cleaner X designed to clean inactive RAM and accelerate Mac. Besides basic functions, Memory Cleaner includes small and handy RAM monitor.
In the app’s window you will find the next information:
- Total size of available RAM
- Size of used RAM
- Size of occupied memory by active applications