How to Use Auto Select Feature?
Since Duplicates Expert became available on AppStore we found that many users took an interest in our Auto Select feature and received many emails about it.
In this post we will clarify how the feature works and how to use it properly. As you could see we have two auto select buttons on a file type tab that should be explained in details:
Highlighted with blue line is responsible for auto selection among all duplicates on a left list, highlighted red – for a specified duplicate group only.
How Auto Select Works?
- We check if scanned duplicates are still alive (as you could delete them after the scan, e.g. from Finder);
- Duplicate files then are checked with Never Select and Always Select lists. If they are presented there we do skip or select files respectively.
- We select files that have following names like: “Copy of filename”, “Filename – 2” or “Filename (2)”.
- If files have identical names the app goes up and checks folders by the same scenario.
Usually only one original file left. If no, you can navigate to duplicates group and click arrow right to Auto Select button highlighted red. And choose one of options:
- Auto Select Oldest.
- Auto Select Newest.
- Auto Select Any.
This button repeats 2 first steps and then selects files by date or in order they were scanned by the app.
Our Recommendation on How to Use Auto Select with Maximum Efficiency:
- Select files by general Auto Select and remove them;
- Auto Select Newest and remove them also.
Note: You can use red Auto Select shortcuts for the whole group, but all selected files by blue Auto Select will be checked again.
P.S. We encourage you to write us more about our apps. We are looking forward to improve them to improve them!