1Password is a password managing application, which helps to create unique variations of passwords for each website, remember them and enter them when needed with just one click. With 1Password, you can safely store all your passwords, credit card data, databases, passport information, third-party application licenses, and secret notes. The service allows you to generate a strong password and synchronize the information with your other devices via Dropbox, iCloud or Wi-Fi Sync.
If, once you decide to remove 1Password and face a few difficulties, you should know that the application leaves a lot of traces behind, so 1Password uninstalling is not such a trivial task. Fortunately, we know how to uninstall apps on Mac completely without leaving remains. Follow the article to learn how to do that.
Uninstall 1Password Manually
Please note, if you are also going to delete your 1Password account, we recommend that before diving into the steps to uninstall the app, you save your passwords and other important data, you stored in 1Password.
- Remove the application’s executable item from the Applications folder to the Trash.
2. Now you need to go to the system Library folder. In the Finder window, press the Command+Shift+G key shortcut and type ~/Library. Click the Go button.
3. Here in the Library folder, you will find the subfolders, where the 1Password application leftovers are stored. Check the following directories for them and remove the files that are no more needed.
- ~/Library/Application Support/…
We recommend that you use a free tool Funter to find all service files related to the 1Password app, including the files in hidden system folders. Please note, by deleting the app’s service files, your password data will also be removed. So we recommend that you transfer and save your passwords just in case you need the 1Password app in the future.
How to Remove 1Password Safari Extension
With the Funter application, you can again find and remove the 1Password extension for Safari. Just click the magnifier icon, and the file will be displayed in the Finder window.
Another way to remove Safari extensions is open the browser and go to its Preferences.
Then you need to switch to the Extensions tab and click the Uninstall button for the 1Password Safari plugin.
Well, finally, don’t forget to empty your Trash folder so as to get rid of 1Password completely and permanently.
Uninstall 1Password With Just A Few Clicks
Apparently, uninstalling apps on a Mac manually is not the most convenient way. If you are interested in completing this task quickly and easily, then use a special utility App Cleaner & Uninstaller, specially designed to remove apps on your Mac correctly. Here’s how it works.
- Launch App Cleaner & Uninstaller. It will start to scan your Application folder automatically.
- Select the 1Password app in the left section, and click the Remove button.
- Then confirm the removal of all files related to 1Password.
That’s all. As we promised, with App Cleaner & Uninstaller, you will save time and uninstall any app with ease.