This article explains how to uninstall Zoom from Mac – the service for video conferencing and online meetings. We will provide two different ways on how to remove Zoom. The automatic way will help you to get rid of Zoom with a few clicks. Also, we will explain how to manually uninstall Zoom, including all its remaining files.
Tip 1 for music lovers
Check your Mac for duplicate music files
Mac computers support over a hundred different languages.
You can change the language of your system and add languages to your keyboard. Most third-party applications have localizations to different languages, and you can change the language of various separate apps.
Having a huge number of possible interface languages is great; however, these files take up space on your Mac. Most likely, you will need only one or two languages – there’s no need for twenty.
You can safely remove all unneeded language files with MacCleaner Pro.
Thanks to its free trial, you can try it right now.
What is Zoom and why uninstall it?
Zoom is a popular service for computers and smartphones, it allows you to organize video conferences, online meetings, webinars, live chats and screen-sharing. The application is easy to use for managers and teachers. However, due to the recent rise in popularity, the number of platform disruptions have increased.
Like any other application Zoom creates a lot of service files that help the program to work correctly while using it. With time these files can occupy your disk memory which can lead to the problem of a slow Mac.
Interesting fact is that along with Zoom, a web server is installed on macOS, which continues to run in the background, even if the user has already left the application. Moreover, the web server cannot be removed by dragging and dropping Zoom into the Trash. It continues to work and can be even re-downloaded to your computer as soon as you follow the conference link.
Thus, if you have decided to use another service for video conferencing and Zoom is no longer needed for you we recommend you to get rid of it completely and remove the app along with all of its service files.
To remove Zoom from your Mac, follow any of the guides provided below.
How to quickly uninstall Zoom from your Mac
The easiest way to uninstall any unnecessary app including the Zoom program is to use App Cleaner & Uninstaller. This unique application allows you to uninstall Zoom along with all its extra files in four easy steps:
- Download and launch App Cleaner & Uninstaller.
- Select Zoom from the list of applications.
- Click the Uninstall button to uninstall Zoom completely.
- Confirm the uninstallation.
Now, Zoom will be uninstalled and all its service files will also disappear from your Mac.
If you have already uninstalled the application by dragging and dropping it into the Trash or in a manual way of uninstallation, you can clean up the leftovers. To do this, go to the Remaining Files section, where all service files of deleted applications are displayed.
App Cleaner & Uninstaller automatically cleans your Mac from leftovers and you don’t need to waste your time doing it manually. This straightforward removal guide is universal so you can use it whenever you need and for any application you want to remove.
How to uninstall Zoom from Mac manually
Another way to uninstall unnecessary applications is to manually find and remove all their support files. By default they are hidden and located in the Library folder.
Follow these steps to uninstall Zoom manually:
- Launch the Zoom application.
- Click on Zoom in a menu bar and select the Uninstall Zoom option.
- Confirm the deletion by clicking OK.
- Now the app is deleted but all its service files are still stored in the hidden library of your Mac. Keep following the instructions to get rid of Zoom’s leftovers.
- Open the Finder window → click on Go in a Menu Bar → choose Go to Folder.
- Type ~/Library and click the Go button.
- Now you have to find and delete all the files and folders which contain “zoom” in their names.
- Note! If you delete any system file by mistake, it might damage your system. That is why before you delete something, you should double-check the name of the file or folder.
Check the following paths to find Zoom’s service files:
- ~/Library/Saved Application State
- Once all service files are deleted empty your Bin.
How to remove Zoom cache on a Mac
If you often use Zoom, the volume of its cache files might be huge. With App Cleaner & Uninstaller, you can clear the cache files of Zoom. Here is how:
- Launch App Cleaner & Uninstaller.
- Select Zoom in the left panel.
- Enable the Expert mode. Use the toggle button on the top of the window for this.
- Tick Caches in the list of Zoom service files.
- Click the Remove button and confirm the removal.
In this article, we provided you with two possible ways on how to uninstall Zoom from your Mac. Please note that the manual method has its drawbacks. For example, this method will take you much more time than the automatic one; and you should be extremely attentive finding all the leftovers and at the same time not to delete something by mistake.
That is why we recommend you using App Cleaner & Uninstaller. This special application provides you with a safe and quick way of app’s uninstallation. Moreover, App Cleaner & Uninstaller will also help you:
- delete all service files from previously incorrectly uninstalled apps
- reset applications to start using them from the very beginning
- disable startup programs
- manage system and browser extensions
FAQ about Zoom
Can you use Zoom on your phone?
You can start or join the Zoom meeting using the Zoom mobile app on Android or iOS.
Is Zoom free to use?
You can use the Basic Plan. It has a 40 mins limit on group meetings, hosts up to 100 participants and unlimited number of sessions. However, it is also possible to use Pro, Business or Enterprise plans which have additional options.
What is the Zoom app for?
Zoom is a video conferencing service. You can use it to virtually meet with others by video or audio conference.
Is Zoom a video call or audio?
Zoom is a video conferencing platform that can be used for both video and audio conferencing meetings, as well as webinars, meetings recordings and live chats.