Zoom is a unique service for video conferencing and online meetings. However if you decide to use another service for video conferencing and Zoom is no longer needed, you can get rid of it. We recommend that you uninstall the unneeded application completely, so that its old service files, caches and logs will not take up your disk space anymore.
There are two possible ways to manage this:
How to quickly uninstall Zoom from your Mac
The easiest way to uninstall any unnecessary app including the Zoom program is to use App Cleaner & Uninstaller. This unique application allows you to uninstall Zoom along with all its extra files in four easy steps:
- Launch the uninstaller to uninstall Zoom completely
- Tick Zoom to mark it and all its remains for deletion
- Click on the Uninstall button to uninstall Zoom completely
- Confirm the uninstallation
Now, Zoom will be uninstalled and all its service files will also disappear from your Mac. This straightforward removal guide is universal, so you can use it whenever you need and there is no issue with any program you are going to remove.
How to uninstall Zoom from Mac manually
Another way to uninstall unnecessary applications is to do it manually. But you should note that this method will take you much more time than the first one. Also you should be careful since for a complete uninstallation you have to delete all the hidden service files related to Zoom in the Library folder.
Follow the steps given below to uninstall Zoom manually:
- Launch the Zoom application
- Click on Zoom in a menu bar and select the Uninstall Zoom option
- Confirm the deletion by clicking OK
- Open the Finder window → click on Go in a Menu Bar → choose Go to Folder
- Type ~/Library and click the Go button
- Now you have to find and delete all the files and folders which contain “zoom” in their names.
Now the app is deleted but all its service files are still stored in the hidden part of your Mac. Keep following the instructions to get rid of Zoom leftovers.
Check the following paths to find Zoom’s service files:
- ~/Library/Saved Application State
In this article, we gave you two possible ways to uninstall Zoom from your Mac. But please note that the manual method has its drawbacks. For example, this method will take you much more time than the automatic one. Moreover, you have to be extremely careful to find all the leftovers and at the same time not to delete something by mistake.
That is why we recommend you using App Cleaner & Uninstaller. This special application provides you with a safe and quick way of apps uninstallation. Moreover, App Cleaner & Uninstaller will also help you:
- delete all service files from previously incorrectly uninstalled apps
- reset applications to start using them from the very beginning
- disable startup programs
- and manage system and browser extensions
FAQ about Zoom
You can start or join the Zoom meeting using Zoom mobile app on Android or iOS.
You can use Basic Plan. It has 40 mins limit on group meetings, host up to 100 participants and unlimited number of sessions. But it is also possible to use Pro, Business or Enterprise plans which have additional options.
Zoom is a video conferencing service. You can use it to virtually meet with others by video or audio conference.
Zoom is a video conferencing platform that can be used for both video and audio conferencing meetings, as well as webinars, meetings recordings and live chats.