- Uninstall Avast using it native uninstaller.
- Uninstall Avast using App Cleaner & Uninstaller.
- Uninstall Avast manually.
Way 1 – Uninstall Avast with its Provided Uninstaller
Avast developers provided a custom uninstaller, that allows you to delete Avast. You can find it in the .dmg file, that you used to install Avast.
If you lost your .dmg files you can download it from the official avast website. So instead of launching Avast Mac Security, click on Uninstall Avast and remove it from your Mac.
Way 2 – Use Avast Removal Tool App Cleaner
App Cleaner is a free utility, that allows you to uninstall applications on a Mac completely and safely. With this Avast uninstaller, you can remove the software with just several clicks:
- Launch App Cleaner & Uninstaller.
- Select Avast.
- Click the Remove button.
Get a Quick Uninstalling Tool
App Cleaner & Uninstaller finds all the service files of applications, so after the removal, no leftovers will remain on your Mac. Even if you deleted apps in a regular way, you can find their leftovers in the Remains section.
Way 3 – Uninstall Avast Manually
You can remove Avast manually. For this, follow the steps below.
- Quit Avast.
- Remove app from the Applications folder.
- Then delete its service files from the Library folder. Check the following subfolders for the service files:
- Macintosh HD > Users > [current user] >~Library > Application Support > Avast
- Macintosh HD > Users > [current user] >~Library > Caches > com.avast.AAFM
- Macintosh HD > Users > [current user] >~Library > LaunchAgents > com.avast.home.userpront.plist
*To open the Library folder, open Finder, in the Menu bar click Go, select Go to Folder, type ~/Library and click Go to open it. Also, read the article “Three ways to get the Library folder.”
Use the ⌘+⇧+G key shortcut for easy navigation in Finder.
To access the invisible items, you can also use our free app Funter, that shows and finds hidden files on a Mac.
From the mentioned methods, we recommend that our readers use App Cleaner & Uninstaller as the easiest way to uninstall any application on a Mac. In this case, you can be sure that there are no leftovers deleted apps on your disk. Also, App Cleaner allows you to change login items, delete browser extensions and manage other Mac extensions. You can download App Cleaner from the App Store.