- Uninstall Avast Antivirus using it native uninstaller.
- Uninstall Avast Antivirus manually.
- Uninstall Avast Antivirus using App Cleaner & Uninstaller.
Uninstall Avast with its provided uninstaller
Avast developers provided a custom uninstaller, that allows you to delete Avast. You can find it in the .dmg file, that you used to install Avast Antivirus.
If you lost your .dmg files you can download it from the official Avast website. So instead of launching Avast Mac Security, click on Uninstall Avast and remove it from your Mac.
Uninstall Avast manually
You can remove Avast manually. For this, follow the steps below.
- Quit Avast Antivirus.
- Remove app from the Applications folder.
- Then delete its service files from the Library folder. Check the following subfolders for the service files:
- Macintosh HD > Users > [current user] >~Library > Application Support > Avast
- Macintosh HD > Users > [current user] >~Library > Caches > com.avast.AAFM
- Macintosh HD > Users > [current user] >~Library > LaunchAgents > com.avast.home.userpront.plist
*To open the Library folder, open Finder, in the Menu bar click Go, select Go to Folder, type ~/Library and click Go to open it. Also, read the article “Three ways to get the Library folder.”
Use the ⌘+⇧+G key shortcut for easy navigation in Finder.
To access the invisible items, you can also use our free app Funter, that shows and finds hidden files on a Mac.
Uninstall Avast using a removal tool App Cleaner & Uninsatller
App Cleaner & Uninstaller is a special utility, that allows you to uninstall applications on a Mac completely and safely. With this Avast uninstaller, you can remove the software with just several clicks:
- Launch App Cleaner & Uninstaller.
- Select Avast.
- Click the Remove button.
App Cleaner & Uninstaller finds all the service files of applications, so after the removal, no leftovers will remain on your Mac. Even if you deleted apps in a regular way, you can find their leftovers in the Remaining Files section.
What is the easiest way to remove Avast on a Mac?
From the mentioned methods, we recommend that our readers use App Cleaner & Uninstaller as the easiest way to uninstall any application on a Mac. In this case, you can be sure that there are no leftovers deleted apps on your disk. Also, App Cleaner & Uninstallerallows you to change login items, delete browser extensions, manage other Mac extensions and change default applications.