This article will explain how to uninstall Roblox on Mac completely in a few simple steps. It will also explain how to remove any leftover files and folders that may remain after removing Roblox from your system.
Tip – The quickest way to uninstall Roblox Studio
App Cleaner & Uninstaller
What is Roblox and should you uninstall it from Mac?
Roblox is a popular online entertainment platform in which you can create games and play with other gamers in various virtual worlds. It is available for PC, Mac, Android, iOS, Amazon devices, and other operating systems.
Generally, the application runs fine on a computer. However, many users claim that there are various issues that arise on macOS, in addition to poor performance. As a result, you may wish to uninstall the app or to reinstall it and fix the issues. Read our guide carefully to learn how to do it correctly and completely.
Important notes and the methodologies used to write this guide
- Before writing this guide, we checked the Roblox website for its removal guide. In fact, the steps provided there don’t uninstall the app completely and leave its remaining files behind on a Mac’s hard drive.
- Dragging and dropping applications into the Trash will not completely remove them from your computer. Just as every application creates additional service files on your computer for its proper performance, so does the app. These files are still stored on your disk even after the executable file is deleted. To completely uninstall any application from Mac, you also have to remove all of its temporary files.
- This article will explain how to remove the app entirely with all of its service files.
- We used App Cleaner & Uninstaller from Nektony to find and remove Roblox’ remaining files.
- At Nektony, we have been coding an uninstalling tool for many years now. As a result, we regularly check apps for all service files they create in the system, and we know all about the temporary files applications create on a computer.
- If you have any questions regarding this article, feel free to reach us out on Nektony’s support team. Our Apple-certified professionals will answer your questions.
How to manually uninstall Roblox Studio from Mac
The first thing you should do before removing the app is to quit the app and stop all the processes related to it. You should also remember that when you run the automatic installation of the app, it installs two applications on your computer: Roblox and Roblox Studio. As a first step, ensure that there are no running processes related to the app in the system background. Follow these steps:
- Press the Command+Option+Esc shortcut. This will open the Force Quit Applications window and help you check whether all Roblox processes are closed. If the applications are included in the list of launched programs, select them and click the Force Quit button.
- Quit Roblox.
- Open Finder and go to the Applications folder.
- Locate Roblox Studio and move it into the Trash bin. If you have several Roblox applications, you need to remove all of them.
- Open the Library folder. For this, in Finder, go to its menu → click on Go → select Go to Folder.
- In the window that appears, type ~/Library and press Enter (Return).
In the next moment, you will get access to the user’s Library folder. By default, this folder is hidden to avoid the accidental deletion of critical system files. Since the Roblox related files are useless without the executable file, you can safely remove them. Check the following directories to find all unneeded service files.
- ~/Library/Saved Application State
- Once you remove all temporary files, don’t forget to empty your Trash bin to completely uninstall the app.
Note that some applications might spread their temporary files all over the disk. You should make sure that you completely deleted all of the remaining files of removed applications. If you find this process complicated or tiresome, use App Cleaner & Uninstaller to check your system for remaining files or to completely uninstall applications from Mac with just a few clicks. Keep reading to learn more about it.
How to uninstall Roblox apps from Mac using App Cleaner & Uninstaller
While the manual method takes time and requires some technical skills, the automatic method is much easier and safer. Thanks to third-party uninstallers like App Cleaner & Uninstaller, you can permanently delete Roblox from your Mac in just a few clicks.
App Cleaner & Uninstaller is a software tool designed to remove applications and all their service files in less than a minute. It perfectly uninstalls more than 1,000 apps from your computer. Here’s how to use it:
- Download and launch App Cleaner & Uninstaller.
- Select Roblox from the list in the Applications tab. All their service files will be selected automatically.
- Click the Uninstall button in the bottom right corner.
- Confirm the deletion.
- Empty your Trash.
If you switch to the Expert mode, you can see the list of all support files of the app created and stored on your disk.
If you have already removed Roblox by dragging and dropping it into the Trash, you can find its support files left on your Mac. For this, switch to the Remaining files sections → select and remove leftover files.
How to clear Roblox cache files
With App Cleaner & Uninstaller, you can also clear the Roblox cache. Clearing cache can help you to fix some issues if you don’t want to uninstall the app. Follow the steps below to clear the app’s cache files.
- Open App Cleaner & Uninstaller.
- Switch the Expert mode on.
- Select Roblox in the left panel.
- Tick Caches in the right panel.
- Click the Remove button.
- Confirm the action.
App Cleaner & Uninstaller also allows you to manage your startup programs and installed extensions. Download a free trial of App Cleaner & Uninstaller and try it on your Mac today!