iCloud is Apple’s cloud-based data storage, which saves and synchronizes applications’ content between all your Apple devices. Using iCloud, you can access your data from any device, anytime you want.
All your media files will be uploaded to iCloud storage as long as you activate iCloud Photo Library synchronization on your devices.
iCloud gives you only 5GB of free storage space, after which you’ll have to pay for more or regularly review all the content and delete unnecessary files.
Read how to free up iСloud storage.
Once you enable the iCloud Photos option, every photo and video you add to your Photos application from any of your devices is automatically combined into a single library and uploaded to iCloud for remote access.
If for some reason you want to get your photos in original size, you can easily download them from your iCloud account. You can learn how to download photos from iCloud.
By storing your media files in iCloud, you can share, search and browse them not only from all your devices but also on icloud.com
1. How to access iCloud Photos on an iPhone or iPad
2. How to access iCloud Photos on Mac
3. How to view iCloud Photos online
4. How to view iCloud Photos on Android
5. How to view iCloud photos on a Windows PC
How to access iCloud Photos on an iPhone or iPad
Don’t forget to turn on iCloud Photos on your device. Read how to enable the iCloud Photo Library in the previous article.
To access your iCloud Photos follow these simple steps:
- Make sure that you have enabled iCloud Photos.
- Go to the .
- Select at the bottom of the screen to view all your Photos.
- Select the tab to view all your Albums and the content inside them.
- Preview your photos stored on the device and synchronized with iCloud
After enabling iCloud Photos, you will see the “All Photos” album instead of the usual “Camera Roll” in your Album tab.
The “All Photos” caption means you have your photos in iCloud storage.
If you still see “Camera Roll,” this means that iCloud photo sync is not enabled and you can only view the photos stored on your devices.
Please note that photos and videos stored outside the Photos App are not sent to iCloud and other devices.
How to access iCloud Photos on Mac
If you want to view your iCloud Photos on Mac you should know that as long as iCloud Photos option is enabled on your device, all its content will be displayed in your Photos app.
Therefore, the very first thing you should do is to make sure that you have turned the iCloud Photos option on. In this article, you will find some basic instructions on how to enable iCloud Photos synchronization.
As soon as you are convinced that everything is set up, open Launchpad and launch the Photos application. Now your Photos app displays all photos from your Mac, as well as all media files from devices in which you have logged in with the same iCloud account.
How to view iCloud Photos online
After enabling iCloud Photo Library on all your devices, your photos will be uploaded to iCloud automatically.
You can preview your photos stored in iCloud using a web browser.
To access iCloud Photos online, complete the following steps:
- Open your web browser
- Head to icloud.com
- Log in with your Apple ID’s email address and password
- Click the icon. There you will see all the saved pictures on your iCloud account.
Unfortunately, viewing iCloud photos is possible on all devices except iPhones. When you try loading icloud.com on your iPhone, you will be redirected to the Find My iPhone service, which is Apple’s restriction.
How to view iCloud Photos on Android
You can preview your photos kept in iCloud even while using your Android device. Follow the next steps to preview your photos in iCloud using an Android phone or tablet.
- Open a web browser on your Android device
- Go to icloud.com
- Tap the button (three-dot icon) on the browser page
- Select . It will change the site into a desktop version.
How to view iCloud photos on a Windows PC
There are two possible ways to access iCloud photos on a Windows PC:
- Using a web browser, which is described previously in this post.
- Using the special application, iCloud for Windows.
To access your Photo Library using iCloud for Windows, complete these simple steps:
- Download iCloud for Windows and install it (don’t forget to restart your PC after installation).
- Open iCloud for Windows on your PC and sign in with your Apple ID.
- Click next to Photos.
- In the window that opens, tick and . Then Click and .
- Now open your File Explorer and select iCloud Photos in the sidebar.
- Click the folder to view all the pictures in your iCloud account.
If you want new photos uploaded to iCloud storage from your Windows PC, duplicate those files to thefolder. This way anytime you copy a new photo there, it will automatically appear in your cloud storage.
The iCloud Photo Library differs from other cloud services, such as Dropbox or Google Drive. Sometimes it may not be as intuitive as we expect, especially if you are using it for the first time.
As we have described in this article, there are several ways to view your iCloud Photos:
- Through the Photo App on your iPhone, iPad or Mac.
- Through a web browser on all possible devices except an iPhone.
- Through iCloud for Windows on your Windows PC.
The advantage of viewing your iCloud media files from a browser is that you can check multiple iCloud accounts and the content will not be synchronized until you download or upload it manually.
If, however, your goal is fast access to media files on one iCloud account from any of your devices, the browsing method via the Photos application is faster and much more convenient.
In conclusion, we can see that iCloud is a truly progressive and necessary system, distinguished by its convenience and beautiful performance.