CleanMyMac allows you to get rid of various junk files on your Mac: caches, preferences, extensions and other support data of apps. It is a popular Mac uninstaller; however, for various reasons you may need to remove CleanMyMac from the macOS system.
Recently we found a couple of relevant questions on StackExchange platforms: Uninstalled CleanMyMac still shows notifications, CleanMyMac has left folder actions after uninstall. That’s why we decided to explain how to completely remove CleanMyMac.
How to delete CleanMyMac – the manual way
- Quit the application and close all the processes that may be working in the background. For this use Activity Monitor.
- Move CleanMyMac to Trash. Use one of two methods to complete it. You may be asked to enter your administrator password to confirm the activity.
- Go to Finder → folder → Find → Open context menu → Select or use Command + Delete shortcut.
- You can also go to → drag and drop CleanMyMac icon to the bin.
- ~/Library/Application Support/
How to uninstall CleanMyMac with permanent uninstaller
If you are looking for a way to delete CleanMyMac on your Mac quickly, we recommend that you use a special application App Cleaner & Uninstaller, which has a great feature – it finds all the remains of already removed apps.
- Move CleanMyMac to Trash.
- Download App Cleaner & Uninstaller notarized by Apple from our website.
- Launch App Cleaner & Uninstaller and scan your apps.
- Then go to the Remaining Files tab and remove files related to CleanMyMac.
With App Cleaner & Uninstaller Pro you can completely remove any software from Mac, find remains, and manage extensions.