CleanMyMac X is a popular application that allows you to get rid of various junk files on your Mac: caches, preferences, extensions and other support data of apps. Besides its usefulness, for various reasons, you might need to remove CleanMyMac X from your Mac.
In this article, we will provide a step-by-step guide on how to completely uninstall CleanMyMac X on Mac, so that it doesn’t leave its leftover files on your hard drive.
How to completely delete CleanMyMac X – Video Guide
How to manually delete CleanMyMac X
Recently we found a couple of relevant questions on StackExchange platforms:
That’s why we recommend that you carefully follow every step of our guide to completely get rid of CleanMyMac X on your Mac.
Steps on how to manually uninstall CleanMyMac X:
- Quit CleanMyMac X and close all the background processes related to the app. For this run Activity Monitor, select all CleanMyMac X processes in the CPU tab and click the Close “X” icon.
- Go to the Applications folder and move CleanMyMac X to Trash. You may be asked to enter your administrator password to confirm the activity.
Another method to remove the app is to do it using Launchpad. Open Launchpad → drag and drop CleanMyMac X into the Trash bin.
- Find and remove all support files of CleanMyMac X. By default they should be stored in the system Library folder. To get to the Library open Finder and press the Command+Shift+G key shortcut. In the search field type ~/Library and press Enter.
In the Library folder find and remove all files related to CleanMyMac X. Check the following folders for them:
- ~/Library/Application Support
- ~/Library/Group Containers
- Once you remove all service files of the app, don’t forget to empty the Trash to uninstall CleanMyMac X permanently.
Note that sometimes applications can spread their support files all over Mac hard drive. It might not be so easy to find all the leftovers. That’s why we recommend using App Cleaner & Uninstaller which automatically will find all support files and completely remove applications without leaving any traces.
The easiest way to entirely uninstall CleanMyMac X from Mac
You can use App Cleaner & Uninstaller Pro which is designed to completely uninstall applications on a Mac in just a few clicks. The best thing about App Cleaner & Uninstaller is that it finds even the remaining files of already removed applications.
Steps on how to completely uninstall CleanMyMac X:
- Launch App Cleaner & Uninstaller. It will scan all applications on your Mac.
- Select CleanMyMac X and click to remove it.
- Confirm the action.
If you have already removed CleanMyMac X using the manual method, check for its leftovers. Switch to the Remaining Files section from the sidebar. Select CleanMyMac X service files and click to remove them.
How to turn off showing CleanMyMac X in the menu bar?
To remove CleanMyMac X menu from your desktop toolbar, do the following:
- Go to the CleanMyMac X settings.
- Switch to the Menu section.
- Uncheck the option “Enable Menu.”
- The CleanmyMac X icon will disappear from the menu.
- You can close the settings window.
How to stop running CleanMyMac at system startup?
There are several ways to stop CleanMyMac from running at Mac startup.
- Open System Settings on your Mac.
- Click General in the left panel and select Login Items.
- Remove CleanMyMac X from the list of login items at the top of the window.
- You can also scroll down and turn off the background processes of the app.
- Open App Cleaner & Uninstaller.
- Switch to the Startup Programs section from the left panel.
- Locate CleanMyMac X login item and launch agent and disable them.
Where is CleanMyMac on my Mac?
It depends on how you installed CleanMyMac on your computer. If you downloaded it from the Mac App Store, by default, all apps are saved in your Applications folder. If you downloaded it from the website, you can find it in your Downloads folder or wherever you saved it. To find CleanMyMac related files, use a free application from Nektony called Funter, which can help you find all files, including hidden ones.
How do I cancel MacPaw CleanMyMac subscription?
If you have the site version of CleanMyMac X, follow these steps:
- Go to the MacPaw website.
- Log in to your account.
- Select the application and click Cancel Subscription.
- Confirm the action.
If you installed the App Store version of CleanMyMac X, do the following:
- Open the App Store.
- Go to your account information. For this, click your account name in the bottom left corner of the window.
- Scroll down and locate the subscriptions section. Click Manage.
- Locate CleanMyMac X in the list of your purchases and click Edit.
- Click to cancel CleanMyMac X subscription.