CleanMyMac X is a popular application that allows you to get rid of various junk files on your Mac: caches, preferences, extensions and other support data of apps. Besides its usefulness, for various reasons, you might need to remove CleanMyMac X from your Mac.
In this article, we will provide a step-by-step guide on how to completely uninstall CleanMyMac X on Mac, so that it doesn’t leave its leftover files on your hard drive.
How to manually delete CleanMyMac X
Recently we found a couple of relevant questions on StackExchange platforms:
That’s why we recommend that you carefully follow every step of our guide to completely get rid of CleanMyMac X on your Mac.
Steps on how to manually uninstall CleanMyMac X:
- Quit CleanMyMac X and close all the background processes related to the app. For this run Activity Monitor, select all CleanMyMac X processes in the CPU tab and click the Close “X” icon.
- Go to the Applications folder and move CleanMyMac X to Trash. You may be asked to enter your administrator password to confirm the activity.
Another method to remove the app is to do it using Launchpad. Open Launchpad → drag and drop CleanMyMac X into the Trash bin.
- Find and remove all support files of CleanMyMac X. By default they should be stored in the system Library folder. To get to the Library open Finder and press the Command+Shift+G key shortcut. In the search field type ~/Library and hit Go.
In the Library folder find and remove all files related to CleanMyMac X. Check the following folders for them:
- ~/Library/Application Support
- Once you remove all service files of the app, don’t forget to empty the Trash to uninstall CleanMyMac X permanently.
Note that sometimes applications can spread their support files all over Mac hard drive. It might not be so easy to find all the leftovers. That’s why we recommend using App Cleaner & Uninstaller which automatically will find all support files and completely remove applications without leaving any traces.
The easiest way to entirely uninstall CleanMyMac X from Mac
You can use App Cleaner & Uninstaller Pro which is designed to completely uninstall applications on a Mac in just a few clicks. The best thing about App Cleaner & Uninstaller is that it finds even the remaining files of already removed applications.
Steps on how to completely uninstall CleanMyMac X:
- Launch App Cleaner & Uninstaller. It will scan all applications on your Mac.
- Select CleanMyMac X and click to remove it.
- Confirm the action.
If you have already removed CleanMyMac X using the manual method, check for its leftovers. Switch to the Remaining Files section from the sidebar. Select CleanMyMac X service files and click to remove them.