Most Mac users complain that the macOS performance slows down when having the antivirus working in the background. That’s why you may wish to remove Kaspersky from your Mac. In this article, we will tell you how to uninstall Kaspersky Internet Security on your Mac without leaving any trace.
How to remove Kaspersky from your Mac
Please follow the provided steps to delete Kaspersky completely.
- Quit the antivirus from the Toolbar.
- Then you need to download the Kaspersky uninstall tool from its official website and open it. Click the Uninstall button.
- Enter your password to uninstall Kaspersky.
- The removal process will start and in a less than in a minute it will be uninstalled.
Now check if the antivirus has left traces on your Mac. For this, you will need a free application Funter, which allows you to find all hidden service files in the system folders.
Just type the word “Kaspersky” in the search field and view the leftovers.
As you can see, there are dozens of files the Kaspersky uninstaller tool left on your Mac. You can get rid of them using the Funter application. Just select the file and click the Trash button. But, please, be careful and remove only the service files related to Kaspersky. Don’t remove the Mac system files and files of other applications.
Now, let’s take a look at the second way of completely uninstalling Kaspersky.
How to uninstall antivirus with
App Cleaner & Uninstaller
App Cleaner & Uninstaller is a program designed to uninstall applications completely and correctly. It finds absolutely all service files of the apps and even the leftovers of already removed apps.
In our previous article, we already told you how to uninstall antivirusapps. Anyway, here are the steps to get rid of Kaspersky with the help of this uninstaller.
- Launch App Cleaner & Uninstaller.
- In the left section of the window, you will see all your apps from the Applications folder. Find the Kaspersky app and select it. Then click the Remove button.
- The last step is just to confirm the removal.
That’s all. By the way, you can use App Cleaner & Uninsatller for uninstalling any application on your Mac.