OneDrive is a free online service from Microsoft that allows you to store files in a “cloud.” The service has a client application for the macOS system. It is considered to store, synchronize and share all kinds of files with other users and devices through the Internet in a convenient and effective way. However, if you have downloaded the OneDrive Mac app but don’t use it, you should uninstall it so that it does not take up useless disk space on your Mac. In this article, we will tell you two ways to uninstall OneDrive correctly.
Way 1 – Remove OneDrive Manually
- First, you should close this app and terminate all processes related to OneDrive work.
For this, go to the toolbar → click OneDrive icon→ Settings → select Quit OneDrive.
- Then you need to delete the OneDrive executable file. Go to the Applications folder in the Finder, call the context menu and select Move to Trash.
- After this, it is important to clean up remains – all service files of OneDrive which are still left on your Mac. Usually, the support files of applications are stored in the following subfolders of the system Library folder. You should find and remove them.
We have searched for Onedrive files with the help of free tool Funter and discovered that they are scattered across numerous subfolders. Take a look at the screenshot.
That’s why we highly recommend using permanent uninstallers when you need to remove applications completely. You can use a free tool App Cleaner & Uninstaller, designed for this purpose. So let’s move to the second way to remove OneDrive.
Way 2 – Uninstall OneDrive with one click
- Download App Cleaner & Uninstaller from the App Store and launch it.
- Find OneDrive in the list of scanned applications.
- Select it and click the Remove button.
That’s all. As we might have mentioned earlier, this removal tool allows you to uninstall any app easily and safely.
Note, App Cleaner & Uninstaller provides Free and Pro modes. You can uninstall the application completely with both of them. However, the Pro mode allows you to do it in the quickest way possible. In our previous article, you can read more about the difference between Free and Pro versions of uninstaller.