According to statistics, Opera is the fourth most popular browser. However, if you need to uninstall the Opera browser from your Mac, you can find it tricky to do so. Deleting it by just a simple drag-and-drop to the Trash is not enough. We will tell you how to remove Opera from your Mac correctly.
Uninstall Opera on Mac manually
- Quit Opera from the Dock menu.
- Open the
- In the CPU tab, select the processes associated with Opera and click the
- Go to
- Now Delete all the caches created by Opera in Finder. They are located in a folder*.
~Library → Caches → com.operasoftware.Opera→
*Use the free app Funter to view hidden files and folders and delete them easily.
Uninstall Opera by App Cleaner & Uninstaller
To uninstall Opera from Mac completely use the special tool App Cleaner & Uninstaller. This tool will also delete all logs, caches and other remains, which may locate not only in a Library folder.
To uninstall Opera from Mac follow these steps:
- Launch App Cleaner & Uninstaller to uninstall Opera correctly.
- Select Opera in the list of applications.
- Click on the button to uninstall Opera from your Mac.
If you have deleted Opera before in a simple way, then take a close look in the “Remains” section to find and delete all the browser’s leftovers.
Watch the video to see how it is easy to uninstall Opera using App Cleaner & Uninstaller.