We’re happy to share that Duplicate File Finder’s new version 6 brings exclusive features for quick organizing and deleting duplicate files on your Mac.
Duplicate File Finder was designed to help you quickly get rid of useless duplicate content. If you get the update, you will enjoy these new features:
- Similar Photos – find pictures that differ a bit, compare, and choose which one to keep and which to delete.
- Merge Folders – now you can not only merge similar folders, but also merge all sorts of folders on your Mac.
- Duplicate Pictures – you can select to scan the Photos Library on your Mac to remove unneeded duplicate images.
- Auto Select – configure Auto Select rules to be sure that the app selects the right files to remove.
- Remove – in case, you do not want to permanently delete duplicates from your Mac, move them to the Trash or to a specified folder.
- Save and restore scan results – if you have not finished the current session and want to quit the app, enable this option to restore the scan results later.
- Sort by Date – in case you want to remove the oldest duplicates, sort them by date. Also, you can sort all duplicates by size and name.
At the same time, you will still be able to use all of the tools you previously had. Most of all, you will get a more structured interface and a more friendly Merge Folders section.
Now, let’s make things perfectly clear and see what you get with Duplicate File Finder Free and Pro modes.
Free Mode Version
- Detection and listing of all duplicate files and folders.
- Support of any drive type. Can find duplicates in folders, hard drives, and even the network drive. Mounted cloud storages such as DropBox and Google Drive are supported as well.
- Support of hidden files. Can find and remove even hidden duplicate files and folders.
- Searching for duplicate and similar pictures in Photos Library.
- Quick removal of duplicate files.
- QuickLook option to preview duplicates.
- Option to view the duplicate files directory and quickly open them in the Finder.
- Auto Select feature to quickly select or keep duplicate files in specific folders.
- Сapability to add any file, folder or file extension to the Skip List.
- Sorting of duplicates by different categories (type, name, count, path and size) for fast and easy searches.
- Tuning the speed of the duplicates search process by regulating the size of files that should be scanned.
- Cleanup hints section which provides useful tips for quicker and smarter removal of duplicates.
- Similar Folders Tab, where you can preview similar folders – folders which contain both duplicate and similar files.
- Moving duplicates to a specified folder instead of deleting them to Trash.
- Duplicates removal history.
Pro Mode Version – includes all the features of free mode and even more:
- Duplicate folders removal – removal of not only duplicate files but copies of folders as well.
- Duplicates removal in Similar folders.
- Merge Folders option. Ability to merge the content of scanned folders.
- Select Duplicates in Folder option – capability of selecting a bunch of duplicate files in particular folders.
- Restoring of removed duplicates.
- Premium support.
If you decide to upgrade and get all the features, follow the guide How to Upgrade to Pro.